Duralex Provence Tumbler

An exercise in rendering realistic glass material in 3D. Modelled and rendered in Blender 2.67 using Cycles :slight_smile:

2000 x 2000 px, 4000 samples, rendertime 3 h 18 min, using NVIDIA GTX680 (CUDA).

See full size on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasberglund/8774633069/

See wireframe render of the model below.

1 Like

you got 5* ! really nice render. and layout.

the liquid inside the glass looks awesome, really looks like cranberry juice. do you have a emission node in the shader? (to get that glowing in the lower part of the glass)

the waterdrops on the glass looks awesome, but the water drops on the table looks like liquid metal. often when water drops end up on the table they almost emit light also. depending on the lighting of course. but sunlight.

Wow, awesome render. Just a little bit suggestion to add ripple effects to the water inside the glass. Somehow i can feel the cold of that water. 5*

@aermartin Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

No emission node in the shader. The lower part glows naturally. The “cranberry juice” is just a simple Glass BSDF with a red color and an IOR of 1.345, which is for beer, hehe.

For the water drops on the table, I used a Glass BSDF with an IOR of 1.333 which is for water, according to wikipedia. Guess it looks a bit off, but that’s maybe because of the reflective silver table/surface below?

Other than that I have a particle emitter making small bubbles inside the cranberry juice, and two particle emitters on the outside of the glass to make the water droplets. I also have a “frosted glass” texture mixed together in the material for the glass with cranberry juice, to make it look a little cold. The “frosted glass” texture is applied to a UV map of the glass.

@aditiapratama Thanks! :slight_smile: Appreciate it!

For the pixel peepers out there, you can have a close-up look at the full size 2000x2000 px render: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasberglund/8774633069/sizes/o/

Here is a wire render. Quite simple really, but it was a fun little project, especially trying to create realistic glass and liquid. Cycles is awesome! :slight_smile:

Nicely Done!

Very nice!

Thanks guys!