Dustin Henderson (stranger things season 3) and Falkor (redesign)

Im trying to get the likeness of Dustin Henderson from season 3 of Stranger things. Several things that are quite difficult with him are, his has has a droopy eyelid, (varies between expression and picture), the lack of a collar bone, and what his forehead is doing. This is where im at now.

I do want to eventually do more sculpting in blender but I don’t know how move the camera with a pen like I can do in zbrush and nomadsculpt.

3 Likes

To navigate with the pen:
Rotate: alt
Pan: alt+shift
Zoom: alt+ctrl

Its a good likeness. I can definitely see the resemblance. I think his face is a little rounder in the jaw area though. Maybe I am just remembering the chubby cheeks from the earlier seasons.

1 Like

Alt doesn’t seem to work with the pans and zoom. Does something have to be enabled? Also can you easily shift between meshes?

Here is a final update of the day. Probably will get back to it on Friday.

2 Likes

Apologies, you do need to enable something for it to work.

Edit->Preferences->Input: Check Emulate 3 Button Mouse

Yeah, the face looks fuller now. I like it

1 Like

I don’t know Mr. Henderson but it definitly doesn’t look uncanny :wink:

Simple render test. The emulation thing works but it disables edgeloop select which is alt. Also can you switch quickly between meshes in sculpt rather tnan have to exit to object mode each time?

Imported my cornea shader and blocking out the hat as well. I have a full body which needs a lot of work still. Eyebrows are mainly for placement and measuring purporse. Will be particle based eventually.

And is there a good method of checking against reference images in blender?

Try double clicking the edge loop. You can switch meshes by hovering over the desired mesh and pressing alt+q.

1 Like

A bit more work. The body is seven heads proportions for a teenage body no clothes so don’t want to show it yet. I think his eyes are a bit too large and far apart. Is there a way of scaling across multiple objects in sculpt mode? Or is better do this in object mode? In object mode symmetry isn’t working oddly. Zbrush can do this pretty easily. But having HDRI lighting plus proper camera angles really helps with getting the likeness.

Getting closer to the likeness. Feel free to crit anything wrong with proportions.

Any idea on how to make curls like this?

ee59d83a5bc58120bbdf605d9f824e6e

I found this tutorial and recreated the geo node structure.

The problem is the hairs look like the reverse direction per hair strand, the amount of curls is random and the sizing is random. I don’t reallly understand the math of geonodes. Its a bit beyond me math wise.

Geonodes For curls.

1 Like

A bigger view of the geonodes. How would I make a randomizer for curve rotation counter and clockwise. And how to have the length of the curve affect the amount of curls?

!

Getting close to rigging. I took a hiatus on this project.

Would it be a good idea to combine autorig pro with face it, for rigging? Id like to have a fair amount of control over the face .