Dusty Room

55 Likes

Hi!
Could you please describe how you made this flying dust and streaks of light?

2 Likes

The dust is a black and white image using a painted mask and layer style to lighten (all this in photoshop), and the rays are volumetrics in blender(using a cube with principled volume shader)

2 Likes

This is wonderful! Even though it is dirty, it still is portrayed as homely. Well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I think a better way to explain it would be to say it’s “lived in.” It’s an old room, dusty and cluttered, but not really dirty.

1 Like

oh wait wtf i did edit it to dusty earlier, forgot to save changes ig thanks man :smiley:

1 Like

Great job :slightly_smiling_face:

I fell in love with the lighting of this project :star_struck:
Can you explain about this lighting? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha thanks : D, its just the sky texture and a sun lamp, and another spot lamp above the bean bag to look like its a yellow lamp : p its very simple

1 Like

Looks more real than reality. xD❤️

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Hey Can i just Say WOW! The detail is amazing. I would love to know how you got the Amazing Lens Flare in this Render!

1 Like

photoshop default lens flare :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! It works well in this Scene But probably not the Best for Animations :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been using this as my desktop background for a while. This morning I came into work and tried to wipe the “dust” off my monitor. :wink: Great job.

1 Like

hahaha, thanks man