DVR 15.2 / Fairlight / Ubuntu 18.04

Hi out there,
is anyone of you running Resolve 15.2 fully working under Ubuntu 18.04?
Well for me everything works except the Fairlight tab. It isn’t showing the clips.
They are there. I can select them if I know where they are. They are simply invisible.
I’m using the Studio version btw. It works in Windows so I rule out my hardware.
For that matter is someone running it in CentOS and can confirm it’s working?
I’d try for myself but CentOS won’t even install on my box (because the old Kernel doesn’t like Ryzen).

Hardware:
Aorus Gaming 5
Ryzen 7 1800x
32 GB RAM
VEGA 64 (Driving the display)
GTX 1050ti (Just for computation)

Works for me on Mint 19 which is based on Ubuntu 18.04. (nvidia driver 390.77-0ubuntu0-18.04.1)

Sounds like a graphics card driver issue with the Vega?

You will probably find better support on the blackmagic forums.

If you are running on ubuntu I presume you know about this:
http://www.danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

Thanks for the answer.
If it’s related to the driver, then it’s Linux exclusive. Since it’s working in Windows.
Anyway I don’t get why that should only affect the Fairlight tab. It’s working in Edit tab.
I shall test with the 1050ti. But that won’t be ideal. That would mean I’d loose out on using the Vega.

On the BM Forums sadly no one was replying to my question for over a week now. Would have contacted support but I don’t think they will help Ubuntu users.

And yes, I used makeresolvedeb to install Resolve.

I’m also able to run it on Mint 19 and Fairlight appears to be working. I don’t know how to use it at all, but it doesn’t crash Resolve. :slight_smile:

I’m using version 410.66 of the Nvidia driver. I just install Resolve with the shell script they provide, works fine for my system.

Thanks to you to. Might be really an issue with AMD cards.
I am more and more disappointed by it.