dwarf model

Hello everyone. I have been fooling around with blender for about two years now on and off. I just recently did the blendercookie tutorial on making a male head which inspired me to do my first major project, as I had recently made an axe somewhat similar to the one made in another tutorial I decided to make a dwarf. I have just completed the model and am about to start the rigging process. at some point I will add a beard and a helmet but I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers on how to make him look more dwarflike, mostly for the face, and any other suggestions you might have on the model at large. also if anyone could point me to a good lighting tutorial I will improve the light setup on him.

Attachments

Try to make him a bit more chubby and stubby. That’s my two cents.

Seems good, would be cool to see a wireframe though, and even more if you’re looking for accurate comments. Anyway, nice model, would be cool to see it with a big beard and some rough hairs! Are you going to keep the dwarf alone, or try to animate it/give it a background?

Thanks for the Comments here are a few more pictures feel free to specify any that I have overlooked. I am definitely going to try to rig and animate him right now im looking around for a good rigging and skinning tutorial because im having trouble getting realistic deforms but long term im hoping to have a scene where he uses his axe to do some unpleasant things to elves but that could be a while. I am also planning on modifying him to make a hobbit rogue counterpart with a fun dagger. Ill try to make a rough beard and maybe some hair and put up a picture soon and then maybe make a helmet although im not sure how that will go.

Attachments

Iv been spending a lot of frustrating time on rigging him. his large joints are proving difficult to deform. so I took a break and attempted a beard. I think it looks alright but i will probably redo it if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it look better let me know.

Attachments