dwarf

First off…amazing shot and great background image. Personally I like the white dots from the first few shots. They reminded me of lightning bugs and gave a somewhat magical feeling (since dwarfs are a fantasy character). Instead of doing them in Photoshop maybe you could ad some low poly lighting bugs with a soft yellow, and motion blur applied. Just a thought.

thanks for comments :slight_smile:

@badalia: that smoke from the nose was kind of an experiment with gimp :smiley:
do you mean those glowy things in the first shot? they are just lines of vertices’s with a halo material. Plus I also added some glow to the images with pospro…

@3dak:thanks:) those white flying things are made with blender, the blur just made them a bit weird looking…
I may look into those things and try to make them look more natural, or model some small glowing bugs as you suggested :smiley:

Great work, awesome man. He really looks tense in this position. Maybe bend one knee and put his hand in his pocket, make him more relaxed like he’s posing for the camera :smiley:

thanks sprinkles :slight_smile: I dont think Ill change that pose very much in this point, and he doesnt even have pockets anyway :smiley:

heres a new pic, not much of an update, but first test in bigger resolution…

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/433/dwarfbiggn3.th.jpg

those flying things are still quite crappy looking but Ill work on those…

Top materials there but I’m not sold on the axe. Doesn’t look metalic enough. Maybe some raymir reflec’? Love the depth with colour ques too.

I’m not sure about the eyes, I know its a fantasy character and all, but they seem too doll like, maybe more blood shot and enclosed by eyelids.
Really excellent stuff.

What programs did you use?

Just so you know, I wouldn’t recommend using ray-mir with colour maps this advanced everywhere else. Raymir in this case is only good for very sleek surfaces, and axes–even if well polished–suffer a lot of wear that would make them ‘well buffed’ at best. :stuck_out_tongue:

A few linear scrapes and stains along the axe edge (from chopping, there’d be a lot of horizontal wear) wouldn’t go amiss, though. Maybe a trace of grease or dirt right where the axe-head is joined to the handle by the bracket. A bit of discolouration would go well, too. I wouldn’t recommend raymir, though.

looks great. i love the expression and the textures. my only problem with it is the stem of the pipe. it seems a bit too skinny and needs a better material. is it metal or wood? i couldn’t tell it was part of the pipe at first.