DWG/DXF-exporter PE - release (2.6x, 2.7x, 2.8x)

DXF-importer is already there :wink:

yeah, i know that, but it’s importing badly the 3d dxf :-s lots of traingles and no faces

yes, there are many parts need to be improved.
By the way, only a few people have asked for improvements, I just wonder how many do really need/use DXF import/export in 2.63 currently.

me! extensively … :slight_smile:
and i’m grateful. you’ve done a lot. i hope the community will not forget this. me, i will not.
(i think, there are several work arounds for this 3D issues, isn’t it? - so that remigiusz does not have all the work - shouldn’t we only wish what we can’t workaround easily? note, i’m not sure, how easy or if there is any workaround for the 3D case…)

faerietree,
thank you for feedback.
nice to hear it works better now for you.

migius

I think more useful a dwg importer… I know some people who would migrate from Max to Blender if there was a dwg importer (I will paid for this)

Not to bump this thread but, I do not want you to think the dxf / cad workflow is unwanted because of lack of response to post #43. So great work! I too am beginning to go into the development of better cad tools for blender. I have to look at your list so to avoid overlapping as it seems you have much covered :slight_smile:

Development of DXF support for Blender is progressing quite well.
Here is the timeline: http://cad4arch.com/cadtools/blog.htm#Blog

Recent development focuses on better DXF curves support - more details here

-6384-

keep up with the good work!

DXF-exporter-PE version 2.2.7 is coming with DWG supports (via an external convereter)

DXF-exporter-PE version 2.2.9 was recently updated for Blender 2.78a.

-12193-

Hi Spirou4D,
this is strange, indeed. I have tried to reproduce it in Blender 2.77a and 2.78a, but all works well here.
I can try to find out, what is wrong, if you send me more details and an example blend file.

Sorry Migius,

I am very confused: I have append my mesh in a new blend file without object.
and make the export action: all is ok now!

It’s my fault because I work on a very big blend (1900 objects= historic work) since a lot and each time blender change, i have problems.
It’s not your addon: I have a very good export now!
But with my big blend the runtime didn’t want to exec correctly…

Badly I can’t send you my big blend (copyright).

Thanks for your kindy answer! byebye
Spirou4D

@ mignius

any chance of being able to read these Bentley files 2D or semi 3D ?

thanks
happy bl

MicroStation/DGN files can be read via DXF format.
Any DGN-DXF converter with command line interface can be incorporated to DXF-importer script to do the job in background. There are some products on the market offering this, for about $300, though there may be differences in quality, security and license model.

can be read via DXF format ?
do you mean to export from Microstation as DXF

I got some old files as DGN can it be read directly or need to convert before to DXF ?

I did find a free soft with trial period and converted some DGN to something
but did not do a nice job
loss all lines thickness so results was simple lines only not really a nice job.

thanks
happy bl

is it you who did an SVN version for CAD in 2.49 and 2.5
is it still available free or paid SVN ?
some peoples were asking for this but loss track for the link

thanks
happy bl

no, it is not me.

Either export directly to DXF or convert to DXF format.

I did find a free soft with trial period and converted some DGN to something but did not do a nice job loss all lines thickness so results was simple lines only not really a nice job.

This is what I meant with “differences in quality”.
If someone have got good experience with any product, please report here.