Dynamica

So whats happening with dynamica.

In light of blenders current events, i think it should be released as is, as much for free as possible. Seeing as blenders future may not exist, why hold back on such a promising product? Mioght aswell get it out to the users while we still use blender, and not make all your work in vain!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Any important and difficult decisions I leave to theeth, I only do some programming, so I can’t say much about this. :wink:
But I don’t think it is ready for release yet, I haven’t been able to do anything the last two months since I started updating the Lightflow script. There is a lot of things that need to be improved, the collision detection is still not integrated with the script for instance. The cloth part hasn’t been touched since the first experiment either. so lacking all but the basic features, I don’t know if anyone would be really happy with it as it is now…

I don’t think it’s suitable for release as it is right now. First of all, it can be a little unstable, it lacks flexibility (you can only instal it in c:/dynamica/), it’s not fully tested on Linux and still lack a lot of feature that would make it really interesting. Of course, you could always ask the alpha testers, if you want a more objective point of view.

Martin

ah… modesty… :wink:

Martin

Anyhoo guys, jsut an idea

i am still looking forward to it, as it would be incredibly helpful!

Cloth simulation would be soooooo helpful for my movie!

I am picturing long streamers!

Id say it should be released. But thats just cause i want the cloth effects and collision and so on .But if its in a state that no will want to use it
due to problems, than the release should be held back a little. just my idea.

Well, as a newly inducted Alpha tester of only 2 days, I can attest to the fact that installation is a little tricky and documentation is fairly sparse.

As most people are waiting for the cloth simulation and the more advanced features that are simply too hard or time consuming to perform in Blender, it would probably be best to let eeshlo and theeth complete things, rather than have them spend all their time answering questions related to bugs in a rushed release.

I’d wait until things work like they’re supposed to…it’s fun to get stuff early, but only until you really need it work, and it doesn’t.