Dynamically unwrapped mesh, based on square footage?

So, I’m experimenting with UV Unwrap geonode for a curve that uses Fill curve node. The idea is to have it to dynamicaly unwrap and resize the scale of UV map, based on it’s square footage and shape, so it can be transferred when converted to mesh.

To dumb it down, desired result is that no matter the scaling or reshaping inside edit mode, tilled texture should stay the same size.

Because I suck extremely at math, I’d appreciate, if anyone would like to take a look and help out a guy in the need…

UV_unwrap_proc.blend (1.7 MB)

Do you mean something like this… ??

Not really. I actually want the texture to be fluid, to cover all areas it’s assigned to, but without scaling up or down with the object.

Something similar is done when you use “object” UV coordinates inside shader editor.

Too bad this 3.5 file crashes my 3.32 and 3.41 blender (!?)… (even if only appending) and 3.5 doesn’t work nmy debian 9 linux ( yes yes… i have to upgrade )

It crashes my Blender 3.5 if appending the mesh…instant CTD

Works in the Current Stable release…

If you want UV stay at same place you can just use position as UV map

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s definitely closer to what I was going for. However, it also creates an issue with sharp edges and texture being really “applied” in 2D space.

My original idea was, in theory, working better in this regard, as this wasn’t an issue. I just can’t figure out the proper area calculation somehow. I suck at math.

This setup might work

UV_unwrap_proc.blend (517.3 KB)