Dyntopo tests

Nice posting ristesekuloski !
I really like them.
Indeed dyntopo is superior to sculptris.
Start involving cycles while sculpting. What a great potential on this.

What do you mean? Have a separate window with cycles actively rendering while you sculpt, or something else? I would figure having cycles running while sculpting would eat up too much memory and system resources.

Hate to bump my previous post, but anyone mind putting a mac build on GraphicAll?

http://www.graphicall.org/979

really a great thread ! wonderful contributionsā€¦ here is mine from today, about 3 hours workā€¦

one sees of course, the problems a random topology makes, but it were a solid foundation for retopo :slight_smile:

Some Michelangelo inspiration i see, very nice :slight_smile:

yes :slight_smile: thanks !

A good one doris
Nice eyes, nose, mouth, eh, whatā€™s happening between nose-mouth area? Once again LOL
How many polys? Because youā€™re mentioning something a bit cryptic (LOL) about random topology.

Oh, a nice shader too.

@doris very nice! :slight_smile:

michalis - of course there is beard between nose and mouth, but my mac could not handle the mesh anymore when sculpting ā€¦ i meant all the triangles on the beard for example, there are even tiny holes in the mesh. no problem, as i would use it anyway for a retopo, then tiny hole no problemā€¦ what counts is that dynatopo workflow is brilliant !!!

thanks nevbms :slight_smile:

Hey, cool head Doris. Love it. :slight_smile:

thanks madmistrel, but it is not my design :wink: enjoyed it a lot, michelangelo has so much to learn from

Just thought Iā€™d add my own dynotopo tests here in this thread (at sickā€™s urging). great to see everyone doing such great work, itā€™s very inspiring and makes me want to keep starting new ideas, rather than continuing to work on things Iā€™ve already started, hahahaā€¦

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564572_10151128564252272_1806608401_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/394488_10151128564452272_775885222_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/574665_10151128564622272_987877347_n.jpg

fun to see that with dynatopo we are so free to create whatever we want, like yours hype is typically done in zbrush, but now in blender easily possible tooā€¦ and, thanks for sharing screenshots, as i learned from it that you can have a material on your sculpt while sculpting :slight_smile:

Good to see the work here
A quick lunchtime sketch of my own, just getting used to the settings.

I think i need to dig out the wacom.

having the ā€œsolid OpenGL Lightsā€
from the user preferences,
able to be docked anywhere on the interface would be niceā€¦
Iā€™d like to have it under the outliner.

edit

while writing thisā€¦ i just noticed that i can ā€œdockā€ the user preferences window under the outlinerā€¦
however its kinda squashed in such a small areaā€¦ still think i can still make due with thisā€¦

hype, thanks for posting in here too! :slight_smile:

esskay, good job! You did that with the mouse? The render as a very nice clay feel, love it. :slight_smile:

Looks like heā€™s using a matcap in that material, probably he set it up to show the sculpture, but it wonā€™t work with Dyntopo while sculpting.

Edit:

Thanks for doing the other boolean types! :slight_smile:
I donā€™t know about Jose, but I like the more compact look you got there, we should save as much space as possible.

Thanks Sick, and thanks for the invitation to post here.

I used a laptop so it was a single button and trackpad.

Found the tablet just need to find the pen!

The render is with Thea Render. I was lazy and just used an old lighting set up

Looking forward to seeing more stuff postedā€¦

@michalis awesome work and thanks for the sharing the thread link I would had miss that one! :slight_smile:

Is that a matcap shader youā€™re using on the hands?

Thnaks nevbms.
No matcaps. Cycles shaders.
You can spend lot of time sculpting on matcaps. (I have, all these years in zb, sculptris, 3dc)
Then, after rendering on a decent GI engine, like cycles, youā€™ll have to go back and edit sculpture.
Especially on subjects like nudes, hands, etc. Matcaps donā€™t show the truth.
Sculpting makes sense under lighting only.