E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

If you want to benfit from the pre-order price, it’s the right time. It will stay until I add the first 2020 builds, which may happen soon.

You can get E-Cycles 2020 with 45€ off or E-Cycles standard+RTX 2020 with 100€ off. Small hint, the 2020 version will be even faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick ques - will E-Cycles RTX eventually support volumetrics or is that outside its scope? I also remember someone mentioning that the RTX build in the course offers a good balance for those who need volumetrics - it has some speed advantages of E-Cycles RTX while offering volumetric support too. Would you agree?

What are the new features to come, and will 2019RTX still receive updated builds? 2019 was great but only $65. $199 seems a bit too steep without knowing what I’m actually getting. Just want to be honest in my opinion, not saying your work is not worth the price.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to support nvlink memory pooling? Getting two RTX2080 with 16GB or two RTX2080ti with 22GB would help many people to avoid the use of slow PCs memory…
Will the 2020 RTX version also support Linux?

+1 on this

I just bought the 2020 RTX version of E-cycles, excited to use it but just to be clear so no-one else is surprised after buying it on the offer - a current build to tide you over whilst you wait is not included. (I was kind of expecting a build to be there for download). (I’m not complaining as such, nothing wrong was done, I made a bad assumption, just got to be patient I guess).

1 Like

E-Cycles RTX can already render volumetrics, but it’s just so slow that it is better to use E-Cycles standard with CUDA. The course offer a slight speedup on RTX too indeed, but volumetrics will be as slow as with Blender OptiX = very slow. OptiX is specialized, which makes it very fast in specific cases. For other uses cases, CUDA is still useful.

1 Like

Ok! I will probably just render volume passes separately then. I sent you a PM about how to best get access to E-Cycles RTX now if preordering 2020 doesnt give you current builds. Thanks!

Features to come:

• even faster rendering above the current 2 to 2.5x speedup
  • faster pre-processing times
  • more AI technologies

E-Cycles RTX 2019 will continue to get update in 2019.

About the price, and looking at those bench results:

• with an RTX 2060 super + E-Cycles RTX, you pay 390+199 = 589€ and render the BMW scene in 30s.
  • to render at the same speed with pure hardware, you need 1.2x RTX Titan (there isn’t even a single high end card that can match E-Cycles + low end…) .

So with a 589€ setup where you invest in E-Cycles RTX and hardware, you are above the performance of a 2 800€ setup were you put all your money on hardware. And the software+hardware solution work on the next hardware upgrade, so you can spare again a lot more on the long term.

On top, with E-Cycles RTX you can buy a smaller PSU and spare on electricity. For example, I have to pay 300€ extra of electricity bill this year because of the tests renders I do for E-Cycles and it’s way less than what an artists would use. Would I have done this renders with Blender = 2x longer, that would be 600€ extra to pay for a single year. So I spared already 300€ for casual test renders (less than an hour of renders per day), with 8 hours of CG work as an artists, you can imagine the savings of a single GPU setup vs 2 or 3 GPU setup.

So if you compare software price A to software price B, it may sound high. If you look at the whole picture with the complete solution cost, it’s at least an instant return on investement and in most case a huge saving with E-Cycles RTX.

4 Likes

NVLink support is planned already by another developer, so I prioritize other features to have them stack.

Yes, Linux will be supported in 2020 in both version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @bliblubli - Following on from my post above, I’m a new E-Cycles 2020 RTX customer so don’t have E-Cycles 2019, do you know when I’ll be able to use / get my first E-Cycles build?

1 Like

I’m planing to have an early preview release in 1 or 2 weeks for the Black Friday :slight_smile:
You will be happy to have pre-ordered :slight_smile:

Could you also share current 2019 RTX build with 2020 purchasers? I have some time sensitive work and it would make 2020 an instant buy for me!

2 Likes

If you are eligible for a free RTX 2019 version (bought a full year for E-Cycles before August 2019), yes. I send you the details per PM. There is also the first 2020 builds coming soon.

1 Like

I am an early subscriber but I appreciate anything I can get. Just replied to one of your Gumroad emails. Thank you!!!

1 Like

So memory can be stacked (memory pooling) with NVLink on my 2070 Supers? I really thought you needed RTX Titan or Quadro to get stacked memory?..

Same boat as you, new to e-cycles so don’t have an old build but would have been happy to find an RTX 2019 build in my gumroad downloads to get started with after buying RTX 2020, but alas it wasn’t to be.

E-Cycles 2020 is a pre-order indeed. Users on Gumroad wanted to have the possibility to only see the downloads for their OS, so I used the variants system for that over there. Which means I had to create one page per real E-Cycles variant. To limit the number of pages, I only offer separate products. For bundles like 2019+2020, the Blender Market has the right options.

If you prefer to have 2019 now than to wait for the first alphas of 2020, you can PM me and I can create a custom coupon equivalent to what you could get on the Blender Market.

For the supported cards, etc. it’s better to get the infos from NVidia directly, but looking on the net, it seems to be possible on RTX gamer cards too as long as they have NVLink support. But like system memory, most devs report it to still be much slower to access the memory of another GPU. So it’s still better to have scenes that fit in your GPU memory.

They also seem to make a difference between Quadro’s memory pooling (which seems to be transparent and not require any special software side adaptations) and NVlink memory access which requires custom code for sure. Also as far as I understand, only Quadros and Teslas allow full performance when accessing system memory, see https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/gpudirect-rdma/index.html. It may be the same for NVLink.

Thanks for the offer of a voucher, It doesn’t seem wise for me to buy the 2019 RTX version since as soon as 2020 RTX is out any future 2019 RTX builds become of no value to me, Since it will be a week or two I’d be paying around $100 for a single build - that would be an expensive week, unless I’m mis-understanding?