E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

They are not the ones doing the RTX integration AFAIK, so they don’t want to reveal anything because the people doing the integration don’t want to reveal anything, it’s not a decission made by the Blender Institute, again, as far as I know.

In any case the integration of RTX needs one important thing, Linux support based on Vulkan for Raytracing since in Windows it is based on DirectX DXR, and this is something that is still experimental in Nvidia drivers, I’m not even sure it has been made public in drivers.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, I purchased this software(B-Renderon) today but it did not work with E-cycles 2.8 (it worked with Blender 2.8).
What kind of things do you think could be the cause?

Hi, @bliblubli is on vacation for 14 days.

Currently, builds for Windows 10 64 bits, Ubuntu 18.04 64 bits, and Fedora Workstation 29 64 bits are available.

Is it a fork of Blender or an addon?
Does it work on latest build from https://builder.blender.org/download/ ?

Cheers, mib

Hi @mib2berlin.
Yeah, I’m not in a hurry.
B-renderon is stand-alone software that selects “blender.exe” and “.blend file” to be used for rendering, and executes rendering on the command line without starting blender.
Yes, it works fine with the latest build of blender2.80 Beta Win64(April 18) & (April 09).

Thanks for your reply.

oh … This problem was resolved.
It worked fine with old e-cycles.
Thanks again.

Hi, I’m new to Blender 3D, I bought a new video card RTX 2080, Blender 2.79 and 2.80 have no render.
If I buy E-Cycles, the render will be in Blender 2.79 and 2.80. Operating system Windows 8.1.
Sorry for bad English, I am writing through a translator.

Hi, 2.8 should work with RTX cards but I think Beta was not.
Check https://builder.blender.org/download/ for a daily snapshot build.
E-Cycles is build from master and only a few days old.
Blender does not support the extra Raytracing cores of RTX but will render very fast anyway.
Full RTX support is planed for the future.

Cheers, mib
EDIT: You need latest driver from Nvidia not included Windows driver.

I downloaded a new build 2.80 for your link, render has earned. Will E-Cycles work with 2.79 with my RTX video card? If it is, then buy it.

hello, i dont quite understand what you are saying but i have two RTX2080ti and it work wonderful on e-cycles both 2.79 and 2.8

Thank! Now bought, I’ll go figure it out!

Do you know that blender can render with the RTX2080 without using e-cycles?
I use RTX2070 with Blender 2.79.7 and 2.8 and e-cycles and I can render it.

No, I do not know)) How to do it? How much is it? Interesting.

You should download the new Blender 2.79 build from the official site.
I was able to render with RTX2070.

So If you are dissatisfied with rendering speed, you may need to buy e-cycles.

You need latest build.

I bought electronic cycles, now I am learning how to install.)

1 Like

I actually wished to buy the “Blender Course - make your own version” and “E-Cycles 2.8x - Perpetual license with weekly updates until the end of 2019” both together - Any discount would be much appreciated.

Previously there was 50% off if taken with the course :stuck_out_tongue: was wondering if that applies now too :stuck_out_tongue: please help

1 Like

They don’t need new drivers or Vulkan support on Linux. NVIDIA will use its OptiX framework to access the RT Cores inside Turing. The recently released Arnold GPU runs on Linux as well - and uses OptiX.

1 Like

Cool!

I didn’t knew that, then it may come sooner thant what I thought :slight_smile:

Howdy, @james_jackson ,

I really, really, for really real, recommend that you do your best to get in on @bliblubli Blender course.
It is fantastic and you’ll learn to do some pretty amazing things.

Check out his thread, through his course I was able to get initial support for Cycles rendering with cpu + nvida + amd graphics cards all at the same time. It is a seriously awesome course and you’ll be amazed at how easy @bliblubli made this course for non coders. I’m not a coder just a 2D traditional artist and this Blender course really opened up mass possibilities for me. He is awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So E-Cycles is still just for Blender 2.79 at this point, right?.. There’s no Blender Beta 2.8 version of E-Cycles as of today, April 24, 2019, correct?