E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi @vesper,

thanks for the report. can you please open a ticket / send a mail as explained in the step for bug reports text file (available in your downloads). I’ll have a look asap!

Hi Shazzad,

the CUDA version is still faster if you use volumes or baking. For all other use cases, the RTX/OptiX version is the best one as @mib2berlin said.

New builds of E-Cycles 2.93.2 (rc) and 3.0 are available now!

• fixed a crash at very high resolution (16k and up) when using OIDN (which was updated to 1.4.1)
  • fixed an issue with dark squares when rendering with CPU + GPU with denoising on and OIDN
  • border rendering with SSAA now renders the right region
  • includes all the latest improvements from upstream!
  • iMesh did a great tutorial about the new AI-Denoiser of E-Cycles 2.93 and up:

Happy rendering!

5 Likes

Hi Mathieu,

over at Gumroad the latest build seems to be

" E-Cycles_2.93.1_2021.1_release_20210624_win_rtx(Optix) "

Is this the latest one?

Last time I needed to use it, there was a ‘Backface Culling’ switch on this panel. Anyone knows where can I find it on the 2.93?

Backface Culling should be in Solid view instead of Material Preview.

2 Likes

Hi,
thanks for the report. The 2.93.2 rc builds should now be visible on Gumroad too. You can press ctrl+F5 to force a refresh if you still see the older builds only.

1 Like

Already downloaded Mathieu, thanks!

1 Like

Oh my, how could I not notice it… Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey, do i need to select albedo + normal in advance tab to fully utilize the denoise ? Because i get artifact when denoising high scale noise texture as bump map.(edit: its not because the bump map, its because the black color, it seem like black material get noisy result while white parts is clean.)

Hey,
the more information the AI has, the better generally. If you have bump details, then the normal pass will allow the AI to recognize it. If the issue persists, you are welcome to open a ticket on the Blender Market (button in the right panel, just above the tags).

New builds of E-Cycles 2.93.2 and 3.0 are up including:

• pixel size is back for optimal viewport performance on high resolution screens.
  • fixed: changing the SSAA value while rendering in the viewport could trigger a scene rebuild.
  • rebased on the latest versions of Blender available.

Happy rendering!

1 Like

Is anyone else on Windows version of Ecycles, experiencing issues with GeoNodes? I have tried almost everything and nothing seems to work. No node setup works not even the simplest ones. Is this something I am missing?
I am using 2.93 the latest release.
It works on 3.0 it works on 2.92 but not 2.93???

Having the same exact issue with the latest 2.93 Optix release on Win as well. I figured it’s a botched install from my side or a conflict of sorts.

1 Like

Same issue here. That time I think I may be do something wrong.

1 Like

Hey, how can i verify that oidn is used correctly for final image denoising? (no old denoiser in compositior)
images to compare oidn and nlm both 32 samples…i remember that a carpet on the interior example scene (youtube) was way better detailed as this grass…or did i miss something here?

oidn noisy image

oidn

nlm noisy image

nlm

is this also true for dark scene’s? so brighter scenes are better for denoise and then darken it in post?

Hi, as far as I know if you check AI denoise the compositor nodes are not used.
If you disable it and create a node setup with Legacy AI Denoiser E-Cycles use the compositor node which should give you much better results with Multi Path and High Quality Pass. they need longer compute time than AI Denoiser.

Cheers, mib

yes this is true, there are no nodes when you use ai.
did you got experience with grass being washed out also on 200 samples?

I will check with a grass file I created some time ago.

Cheers, mib