E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Have another question regarding 2.92. Currently I am using 2.93 for all of my current projects. Bt for some project and addon I want to use 2.92 again. So in 2.93 in AI noise option and have an option like switching back to Optix to OIDN bt have there anything like this in 2.92? and how can I know which denoising method I use?

Hi, I guess I don`t have the right file for this, the differences are really small.
This is with a object particle system

512 samples without denoise:

64 samples with legacy denoise (nodes):

64 sample with AI denoise:

Cheers, mib

thx and btw any image over 3000px square is crashing during rendering spontaneously. how do you handle archviz sceneā€™s of this type shown above?
i will try to zip the grass areaā€¦yourā€™s looking really goodā€¦:slight_smile:

Thanks, I can render scenes in 4K with 2.93.1, the memory footprint is very low, 8-900 MB.
I test on Opensuse Linux, RTX 2060 6GB.
I will test on Window 11 if I find some time and edit here.

Cheers, mib
EDIT: Same on Windows 11 render 4096x3500.

thx for testing i think it is related to VRAM but it is strange becase when the limit exceeds blender is going on with the render and put it into the RAM or pagefileā€¦i dont get it

do i miss anything ? Seem like E-cycles legacy denoise works better for me(the composite node base one). AI render takes too much RAM and time to render. iam using GTX, so I cant judge, just want to share!

Wah. Which card is yours? and which blender version you use? And what do yo mean by legacy version of de noise. give me some light please.

Hi, as @gameboy9870 play games at moment I think I post a screen with the setting. :slight_smile:

Cheers, mib

1 Like

So this is the legacy denoiser. If I use new AI denoiser like 2.93 has there any new node setup like this?

I have Nvidia card and AMD processor. So which denoiser would be better? Optix or OIDN?

Hi, I cant say, it depends on the scene.
I use Optix for tests/preview render because it is faster but check with OIDN for last decision.
Check the video 2.93_new_features_overview on Gumroad or Marketplace, there are the most important features include the new AI denoiser explained.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Guys is anyone in 2.93.2 experiencing crashing rendering smoke simulations?

Hi Vesper, @ivobran and @zigzack001

the 2.93.2 releases where RCs the last weeks. The new builds should now be stable. For quick support, please use the ticket system of your platform (answer confirmation mail on Gumroad and ā€œask a qestionā€ on the Blender Market description page). I recommend to stay on stable releases for serious work.

1 Like

Hi @hubmer3 @mib2berlin @zigzack001 ,

the new AI-Denoiser is generally the best denoiser. Some scene may be better with the legacy version, Iā€™m happy to have a look at those to improve the new system further. You can send a filemail link with the ā€œask a questionā€ button on the E-Cycles page.

Hello everyone,

A lot of new cool features arrived in E-Cycles 2021.2, available based on 2.93.2 and 3.0:

• viewport light groups with denoising for always faster lightning setup
  • high quality post-pro grain and clamping manager for state-of-the-art photographic look in you renders
  • improved noise levels by default offering much better PSNR out-of-the-box in many scenes. At equivalent noise level and with stock settings, some scene should now be up to 1.5x faster to render compared to E-Cycles 2.93.1.

The lite version at $1 will now offer an advanced AI-Denoiser too.

Happy rendering!

Made with E-Cycles recently:
https://twitter.com/Petra_archviz/status/1422262971368083461

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_/status/1423760786992807938

https://twitter.com/johannes_wilde/status/1423759092498186243

3 Likes

Great job Mathieu!! Keep kickinā€™ ass and pumpinā€™ the jam! ; - )

1 Like

The E-Cycles Lite version with an advanced multi-pass AI-Denoiser for ultra-sharp details is coming soon for $1, offering the quality seen in the video below!

1 Like

What is that? :slight_smile:

It allows to choose the clamping strength in post-pro instead of hours of trials and errors. Thanks to this, you can quickly find an optimal value after rendering. Also, while clamping diminishes the dynamic range of your image, this new technique preserves the full dynamic range. Iā€™m preparing new tutorials to show it in action :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You can now get E-Cycles Lite with 2x faster rendering and multi-pass denoising for ultra sharp and ultra fast renders, always for $1!
It supports both Windows and Linux as well as 2.93.2 LTS and alpha 3.0 releases! A version based on Cycles X is also working already and passing the last batches of quality tests, so it should be available soon :slight_smile:

Happy rendering!

2 Likes