E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi,

thanks for the report. I can’t reproduce it here. Does it happen with the latest 20211119 builds too? If yes, please send a .blend file to reproduce by answering your Gumroad purchase confirmation mail or by opening a ticket on the Blender Market (“ask a question” button in the right panel)

Hi,

thqnk you for the report. Animation denoising currently requires all frames. I’m working on a version which will support steps, the best quality however will be with all steps as the chances of finding the “same pixel” in the previous image is higher with more steps, leading to better stability. Of course, AI frame interpolation is cool and stacking both is indeed a very good Idea in many cases, the AI still needs a minimum of data :slight_smile:

1 Like

New builds for 3.0 and 3.1 are available (pretty much daily currently, you can check your downloads regularly)!

• SSAA render speed is back to normal like in 2.93.5 after recent build being slower
  • a crash was fixed when using SSAA with auto tiles
  • Light Linking one-click setup now properly refreshes the viewport render immediatly (you can select the lights and objets to be linked and click on “light link” with rendered viewport)
  • render speed was slightly improved in some scenarios
  • denoising quality is improved by default
  • lots of small fixes and polishing to the UI, including a new option to toggle both caustic types in one click.
  • includes all the latest upstream improvements

A nice example of nearly 60x faster rendering (30-45 minutes to 46 seconds) at comparable quality using the E-Cycles X $1 version’s multi-pass denoising:

https://twitter.com/Mr_Trapx/status/1462013810676543490

Happy rendering!

1 Like

Here I have learned that the baking performance of E-Cycles RTX is weak. I want to know the reasons for it and whether there are plans to optimize it?

Hello, which/where is the checkbox I should tick so that the denoiser is “animation friendly” a.k.a animation “aware” denoising.

[Just saw your reply, got it :smiley: Thanks]

Hi,

thanks for the report. Could you please send a .blend file showing the issue?
Note: E-Cycles now defaults to high quality rendering. It can be transformed to faster performance by adapting the sample count as shown above with about 60x faster rendering at comparable quality. I’m working on a switch to choose if you want fast rendering like it was previously or higher quality (the new behavior) by default.

Hi,
Animation Denoising is currently only in the Pro version. I plan to add a demo version of it in the $1 version later too, as well as a demo version of light groups.

I did not clarify my question. I mean the baking of rigid body physics. Under the same default settings, the same data seems to be twice as slow as the old version. I am not very familiar with it, so I don’t know if it is used improperly.

The version of E-Cycle that will have the temporal denoising is $199 ?
I don’t mind paying a little more for this feature in E-Cycles but the difference between $1 and $199 is quite a little.
There is an existing free temporal denoising system for Cycles that is free, how does this compare to yours ?
https://kevinlorengel.gumroad.com/l/SuperImageDenoiser

1 Like

Hi Kamisato,

E-Cycles uses 100% the same code as Blender for everything not render-related like physics. You most probably found a bug in Blender itself. I would recommend trying the exact same file in the equivalent version of Blender (like 3.0 or 3.1). If the issue also happens in those builds, you can submit a report on developer.blender.org.

As said previously, a demo version of animation denoising will come to the $1 version.

The last time I checked SID, it was still using the Blender python operator = NLM and required around 4x more samples to offer a comparable quality.

I think the right way to know if the price of a program is right for you is how much it gives you back.
If you are self employed and that program brings you what it cost back each month by finishing more jobs and you can use it during 12 months, then you earned 11x it’s price at the end of the year.

If you are employed, in nearly every art discipline currently, the number of available artists is way higher than the number of available jobs. If a program makes you competitive by finishing the tasks you get twice as fast as the competition and with higher quality, then you get the job, which also gives you the investment back quickly.

Hi,

your requested feature is available in 3.0 and 3.1 v20211122 builds! When using steps, it will create the denoised EXRs in the scene output directory, you can then load that sequence in your prefered AI-interpolation software for an extra 2x or more boost :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great… was fast… thank you. :+1:

1 Like

You are right, I tested the official 3.0 beta version and the problem is the same. I have tested 3.0 alpha before and there is no problem, so I mistakenly believe that the problem is related to E-Cycles, thank you for your reply.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

You’re welcome, thank you for the heads up!

New 3.0 and 3.1 v20211123 builds are up:

• fixed a bug with light groups giving a cuda error on some configurations
  • further improved animation denoising quality in some scenarios.
  • includes all the latest improvements from upstream Blender 3.0 and 3.1

Another awesome archviz vidéo by @winterman made with E-Cycles:
https://twitter.com/megatecture/status/1462882815192752131

Some days left to get an additional 25% off on E-Cycles Pro RTX with the coupon code ECBF, for a total of 50% off!

Happy rendering!

2 Likes

Hi guys!

Is it possible to render different worlds in the same scene with light groups?