E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Yes, it also happens on the version with default factory settings stripped of any addons.
Before I send you the file one thing came to mind. I see that on the pre 3.0 version you had “Compatibility mode”. Is this option gone? I could try with that option turned on perhaps…

P.S. Second system has also ryzen cpu, but the gpu is AMD. On the crashing system I have ryzen + 2x 2080Ti. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

They’re required to provide source to those who purchase the product but not to make the code freely available to the public. Not a customer myself though so I don’t know if that has been respected.

If I distribute GPLed software for a fee, am I required to also make it available to the public without a charge? (#DoesTheGPLRequireAvailabilityToPublic)

No. However, if someone pays your fee and gets a copy, the GPL gives them the freedom to release it to the public, with or without a fee. For example, someone could pay your fee, and then put her copy on a web site for the general public.

Source; https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#WhatDoesGPLStandFor

Ah yes, correct. But reading his post this hasn’t happened either. Of course, a customer would be free to spread the source code though since it’ll be GPL.

Edit: ah, you already mentioned that last bit :slight_smile:

So the AI-Denoise checkbox, when it is check on, which it is on by default, should/will automatically denoise the animation ?
Meaning actually I don’t have to do anything on my end anymore ?
Or there are some mysterious buttons I still have to press (that isn’t on by default) somewhere to enable that mystical animation denoise ?

WOW, just saw what happend here :open_mouth:
@bliblubli what i have to do now to get the updates from this year on blendermarket? (last version is from 27.11.2021 for 3.0beta and 2.95.5 is from 25.10.2021)

thx btw

You just have to click on the big “animation” button at the bottom of the quick settings.

Hi,

The Blender Market received coupons for everyone to migrate to Gumroad. If you didn’t get yours, you can send your pdf invoice as a wetranser link through the Blender Market ticket system. You should see a “contact creator” link if you click on E-Cycles in your orders (where you can also get the said pdf).

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info. Could you please send a .blend file with wetransfer or filemail by answering your Gumroad purchase confirmation mail?

Hi Mathieu ! Ive just seen all this mess … Ive bought your product in blendermarket, and i see that there are some new versions, how can i get them ?

Thank you !
Does Animation denoise (by just clicking the animation button) requires Optix ? I only have CUDA.

Update found it out: It non manifold. It looks like a quad but the intersect knife thingy made it having 6 verts instead of 4

For me the portal creator is bugged I applied all scale made sure the world scale is 1 but I get this:

The width is ok the height not. The object was parented to an empty that had 0.1 scale before then it totally bugged and created massive portals but after applying the scale so the scale is 1.0 at least the width is ok. Any other issue that can cause this?

1 Like

Have anyone else noticed that if you light link a light it will still appear more and more on unlinked objects if you increase the light angle on a sun lamp? Like the example below, I linked a sun lamp to susanne only, and with 1 degree angle the moon is black except for some light bounces from susanne, but on the right I’ve increased the angle to 50 degrees and now the moon is fully visible even thou it shouldn’t be.

Ever since I installed E cycles 3.0, I’m having an issue. When I load E-cycles blender up, it takes about 40+ seconds before it loads. But it also does the same thing for whenever I Open a file (the open file window just hangs for 33+ seconds as a white block before rendering), or open Preferences panel (takes 33 seconds for the panel to finally render), etc etc. This problem is now happening to my Blender 3.0 Vanilla. I didn’t have this problem with Vanilla blender 3.0 or blender 2.93 prior to running E-cycles Blender 3.0.

Is anyone else experiencing this too?

Hi Karim,

I send coupons to the Blender Market so that everybody can get an easy migration. If you didn’t receive it, you can send your Blender Market invoice as a PDF through the Blender Market ticket system (best is a wetransfer link to the pdf as they strip attachments) to get a migration link to Gumroad.

It requires OptiX for denoising only, while your device selection in preferences → system is for the path tracing part. Denoising with OptiX will work on 9xx+ GTX GPUs too with 472.12 drivers normally, even if you use CUDA for path tracing.

Thanks for the report! You used a sun light object or is it a world shader? You are welcome to send a .blend file to reproduce (you can message me by answering your purchase confirmation mail from Gumroad, a filemail link to the blend in the message is the best).

First E-Cycles Pro builds for GTX and RDNA2 cards (HIP) are now available to test for 3.0 and 3.1 on Windows. Those builds support the full CUDA feature set and at half the price of the RTX version! The RTX version offers support for OptiX and animation denoising on top.

Support will be on hold for 3 weeks.
If you want to join during the pause, you can get 50% off on the Pro and Pro+RTX versions now.

Happy rendering!

3 Likes

Light collections together with volumes do not work properly.

test scene to reproduce -
volume_bug.blend (934.0 KB)

Hi Egert,

thanks for the report. I can’t reproduce that on latest E-Cycles 3.0, can it be you used an older driver or E-Cycles version?

:santa: New experimental builds of E-Cycles 3.1 are up with MNEE/D13533 by Olivier Maury!

You can get those in the “caustic builds” folder and learn how to use them with this new tutorial:

New 3.0 builds are also up with several improvements for light linking:

• instances will now inherit both the object level and parent/instancer level light IDs
  • fixed a bug with high sun lamp sizes/angles

You can get 50% off with this coupon during the support pause!

Happy holidays!!:gift::partying_face:

2 Likes