Earth (10,000 x 5,000 image)

here is a render of earth with a 10,000 pixel by 5,000 pixel image (didnt know blender could handle that size :o )

Attachments

Great but lower the spec or remove it completely.

Wow that amazing. How did you make it? did you use a texture and bumpmap or model everything?

thnks for the comments :slight_smile:

john: i used an image and had one channel as the bumpmap and another one as the colour map

p.s. blender is awesome :smiley: when i load the textures in and have the 3d viewport in shading moding with the texture visible its sooooo smooth :smiley:
(32x32 uvsphere with 2 subsurf and a 10k by 5k image :O)

Attachments

Add some stars.

And some clouds. very nice work.

-JM

Very nicely done. Add atmosphere and clouds and it will be great.

Personally, I really liked the spec over the oceans. After all water is shiny… even from space…

nice job so far, but i can see some areas of work.

your bump map is way too extensive. look at the pic you have over california. the water around th eland should be bumped out like that. that is the area that is a gradual decrease of sea level as u get farther out. here a pic from nasa to compare to the pic. its over california too.

if thats too confusing i can point it out to u.

Personally, I really liked the spec over the oceans. After all water is shiny… even from space…

it is shiny, as you can see from the picture that im supplying. but when u add the clouds, remember that that will effect the spec. in ur last california picture the spec of the land is too high

hope that helps

thanks for all the crits and comments :smiley:

its late now so im gona do all the things to the earth tommorow, thnx mr man for that refrence, but it seems that the image has the shadows on it so there isnt anyway i can change that unless i edited to the image :-?. maybe ill find a way to cover it up with clouds? does any one know how to make an atomsphere and clouds that look real?

this render took a while so im gona post i was just messing around…it also took 700meg of ram :open_mouth: although i have got 3 10k by 5k images on it :stuck_out_tongue:

dan,

Attachments

for the atmosphere:

duplicate your sphere and scale it up like .004. in materials enable fresnal under transparency and trans and mess with it till it looks right, the color should be blue-white.

you could kill alot of people with those pins :smiley: