easily make videogames

Not everybody is going to share your views.That is not anything to get angry about.Looks like you need anger managment.Besides it would still would be a challenge to make a good game,if my game engine was made.Because you would have to make a good story and come up with unique game play.You still would have to feed the computer information.Anyway society dictates what is a good game.You still would have to compete with other people.

au contraire mon ami, the reason is because you seem incapable of understanding that game development is difficult, I find your posts incredibly offensive, the only people as bad as you are the people who think they can, as their first programming project, create an MMO in 5 weeks and become super rich, aka people of laughably low intelligence.

Oh and FYI those aren’t my views you cynical jackass, you probably didn’t read my reply because if you did you’d realize that it’s impossible to make a game engine that can generate games based entirely on a few sentences inputted by the user, it’s impossible without a workload so monumental it would require more work that writing all those games in the first place

Fact is: Spoken languages are ambiguous, programming languages (the proper term is formal languages but I doubt you’d know or care for that) are not.
Humans can process data that can’t be expressed mathematically without a nightmarish set of equations that would probably be classified as NP-hard, Computers cannot cannot.
Humans can decipher the meaning of things semantically and syntactically on the fly using several years of experience and they still don’t always get it right, computers on the other hand can calculate things using crude algebraic logic without a problem, they fail miserably at anything which doesn’t follow strict syntactical and semantic rules.
Humans have common sense (you are exempt from this clause due to obvious reasons), computers do not.

People can teach it and then it will learn those things.It will ask the question," I don’t understand, please explain."When it does not understand.It will learn slowly.Have you done a search on computers that think like the brain?You need to before you say anything more.

You’re having the wrong mental model of a computer. Computers aren’t brains, they are too stupid to think.
When you’re reading a book, you aren’t reading the thoughts of the book. The book is just a medium, you’re reading the thoughts of the writer.
When you are using a computer, you aren’t “talking” to the computer, it is just a machine. You are essentially talking to the programmer.
Computers are too stupid to really understand language.
Even if they were smart enough, they would have their own language. They wouldn’t understand humans. A sentence like ‘I want to have fun’ or ‘My head is hurting’ means nothing to a computer. Obviously, they would have no clue what kind of game would be fun or beautiful for humans.

You may be over estimating the power of computers. Even the world’s most powerful super computers lack the ability to be truly creative like the human mind can. Think of how you’d describe the game Super Mario Bros. I bet you’d say something like “The main character is an Italian plumber called Mario. After the Princess is captured by the bad guy and locked in a castle, Mario must progress through numerous levels to save her.” How large would the program have to be to understand the concept of an “Italian plumber?” How would it know what he looks like? Even is shape recognition was implemented, and the user drew what he wanted ‘Mario’ to look like with it, the system would have to be insanely expansive to recognise that one part was his hat, the other is his nose, and so on.
Yet, the original (1980’s) Super Mario Bros is an incredibly simple game by modern standards. Learn a little coding, you could probably make something very similar to it in a week or less.

The most complex computer to date has only been able to simulate one second of synapse (the structures inside the brain) activity for something equivalent to less than 1% of the human brain. Not only that, but it took 40 minutes to simulate just that one second of activity. That’s pretty slow. Yes, some computers can understand (in a pre-programmed, ‘fake’ manner) simple sentences, they are very far off from being able to understand someone’s idea for a game and then make it for them.

You ask us to “Do a search on computers that think like the brain”, but I think you need to do a search on how videogames are made, and whether or not a computer might be able to replicate the progress in a reasonable amount of time.

You are not talking to the programmer in real time.So that does not matter.You could explain it to them and teach them.Because they can remember.

That’s what they call a non sequitur (Google that).

I am trying to teach you​​​, but you’re not making it easy for me…Google Searle’s Chinese Room, it is a better analogy than what I wrote.

That don’t make sense to me.Because i don’t think you are talking to the teachers of those children.You have to be talking to those children.The same with computers.You can talk to something and it does not have to respond back.Do you know the true meaning of understanding then?I think you do not.

You know the difference between understanding, comprehending and deductive reasoning?

You try to discuss big here, but you you lack the basics of computational theories behind your dreaming.
Dreaming is good. But without knowing the basics you’ll not be able to push beyond the state of the current research, which currently does not allow what you imagine - and if it would, the scientists driving this research would most certainly not make a game engine.

The final stage once a machine fulfills all those requirements would most likely be that it would become self aware and finally maybe even sentient.

Look. You can’t be the only one to want this right? Because it would make everything so easy. There’s a high demand. Nothing exists like this yet though… There’s a low supply. SOOOO, the price would be high. This means a company could make boatloads of money. And nothing drives companies more than money. But they haven’t made it. Not because they don’t want money, but because they can’t make it. In how many ways do you expect people to explain the situation before you give in?

Seems to me, you want things to be easy, but they aren’t and you don’t understand why. So you want other people to do all the work so you can “make” games without really doing anything. If “making” suff without doing is your thing, get other people to make stuff. Pay them. Or get a job as a game designer or a story writer. There are jobs for people who make the ideas. If your ideas are good enough you’ll get those jobs.

Please DO NOT respond with some half coherent paragraph about how I don’t get it or don’t make sense. And if you’re going to, at least punctuate it properly this time.

But you are saying all scientist think the same.I think their motives will be different.Some would want it to only be able to interact with virtual reality.And that is because of fear.

No, he’s saying that all scientists understand that their tools are the same. Which is why again, we recommend you to look into computing theory, so you may actually understand the problems behind what you’re trying to propose.

Edit: No, seriously, if you think this should be possible look into it. Whoknows maybe you do have the insight we’re all lacking, but noone will know if we aren’t sure you have seen what others have achieved, thus, look into computing theory.

Then i will.I will search for information on it on the internet.

Please allow me to give some context to some of the arguments made here.

We are dealing with two fundamentally different constructs when we compare the computer (Von Neumann design) with the brain. In terms of high level theory alone, the two are relatively comparable. They are able to store memory, perform complex tasks and comparisons. However, the semantics of these operations are vastly incomparable. Firstly, determinism! The brain isn’t fully deterministic; it will perform best-guess approximations which render it faster, and more adaptive to new situations. The way in which data is stored and accessed is different to the computer, which separates the modules responsible for accessing and using data. The way data is manipulated is therefore different (the brain performs this in a chain-like process, whilst the computer must do this in cycles of a processor.

The point being in order for a computer to behave like a human (which is what we are asking for in this situation), it has to model the properties of the human brain. To do this is inherently difficult, because they’re unalike in nearly every respect. For example, in order to tell a program that it has made a mistake, it must be able to accept two different scenarios and interpret the difference between them. It must then be able to remember this difference, and apply it to scenarios it may not have encountered. We humans are often forgetful that in our high-level thought processes there lies complex processes that lead to the end results.

read this

To emulate hardware, it takes many more steps due to non-parallel processing, it’s impossible without really building the hardware.

I don’t have no money to do that.I will have to settle for dialogue systems and chatbots.I will a program my computer to recognise shapes and drawings of objects.If you program in what they are it should be able to identify them.I could program a computer to recognise the general shape of the object.It doesn’t have to be perfect.

I’m very confused about the goal here. We started out with a simple question, “Why can’t making video games be as easy as painting?” Leaving aside the rather silly suggestion that painting is easy, the underlying premise here seems to be that someone wants to make games. Now we’re talking about developing crazy advanced artificial intelligence that can understand human dictation and create the game for us. Why? How is that a solution? You don’t describe a sunset to your paintbrush and wait for it to produce a nice landscape for you. If you want someone else to make the game for you, go down to GameStop and buy a video game. If you want to make a video game, you’re going to have to put in the same effort as anyone else who makes things. This conversation has gotten completely ludicrous.