I started to notice today while working on a sofa for an architectural render that i got weird cracks all over the mesh (i noticed first when i was done with the mesh: when it was finished being modeled, sculpted and textured).
So i thought it was something i have done wrong somewhere along the way. I did the sofa again… and still the same result.
I then tried the following with a simple cube mesh.
What i did to it:
- added edge loops + a subsurf / multires modifier (one or the other / not used both at the same time – same issue).
- shaded mesh smooth
- applied everything: scale, loc, rot.
- unwrapped the mesh
- recalculated normals
- flipped faces
- NO MATERIALS ADDED
- used a basic lightning setup with light emitting from several planes
- this artifacts are appearing as far as i see when i use “Rendered” option to navigate in the viewport freely. From the camera point of view i do not see (as far as i can see) that this type of artifacts appear.
- Using cycles, blender version 2.71.
I noticed that where there are edge loops - being added manually or added by the subsurf/multires modifier i have the same issue.
PLease HELP with an answer - i never seen this issue before this day… or at least i did not pay much attention to it.