Edit Mode- biped Rig ????

Hello

I have add biped rig in to my own made character. I have follow each step up to :confused:Ctrl +Alt + P.

To work with the boon I need to get in to Edit Mode. I got nasty messages ( Error. Cant edit external libdata )

Can you look at my blender file, and advice me

Thank you in advance

Attachments

Onyx_rig.blend (280 KB)

I think coz your armature is linked from an external file perhaps? Am not really understanding linking/appending that much but I believe you cant EDIT an external link apart from in its own file.

Jezza, Thanks for reply. Yes I think so to, but according to DVD I suppose to be able to use this rig in my character.

I made a dublett and think I follow each step as I suppose to… I doing somthing wrong in between, but I cant find out, what

Hi OnyX;

You need to open a copy of the Biped rig and Append your own character. After that, you need to delete the mesh of Biped rig; select, in Object mode, your mesh and then the armature. Press Ctrl+Alt+P to parent the mesh to the armature and it’s done!
Maybe you need to resize some bones, but you need to do that before the Ctrl+Alt+P.

[]'s,

Still

PS: You need to append your character to the bipped rig file and not to link it.

Hello Still. DVD say make a dubblett of biped. You say make a copy. Is it any difference ??.

Every time I select the biped rig file, one popupwindow give me some alternativ,but not(Make dublette)

If I drag the file into document, I can use Dubblett. Why.

Every time I do the opposite way, nothing happen.

I have try everything. Still, having trubble.

Here is 3 screnshots on my iMac documernt files. i think my problem is laying here.

Soon, i stop using this Blender struggle and do somthing els. Drink beer dont give me nasty messages.

Be happy

Attachments

Hey OnyX;

Ok, let’s do it! Open the file biped_rig.blend and go to the Menu and choose save as. Save as whatever name that you want. After that, follow the steps that I have mentioned above.
I guess dubblet and copy are the same here. The steps that I have said above just works for me. :slight_smile:

's,

Still

Thanks Still, I vill try hard.