EEVEE Crosshatch shader

messing around with eevee and the shader to RGB node, and making a crosshatch shader

(not sure in witch category it belongs )

28 Likes

here’s the nodes

packed into a nice group

7 Likes

WOW it’s beautiful! I love it.

Gonna try and add some more randomness

1 Like

Great results. Disclaimer: I love non photoreal graphics :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks, I’ve been enjoying messing around with those, especially now wit the shader to rgb node, shame it doesn’t work in cycles

Gotta give that node a try. Already saved Your screenshot :wink:

I might share the node when I’m done with it

you know what, scratch that, I’m uploading it now
if anyone wants to try it out/ mess with my node mess, feel free (but if you do plis share)

I’m a bit of a noob at shaders btw, so the whole thing is a bit of a mess, you have been warned

5 Likes

still gonna mess with it more myself

I’m a noob here, and just found this thread. Very cool effect. I wonder if you have thought about a way to make the crosshatching conform to the modeling- that is, to curve so as to support the sense of depth and shape? I have no idea how to do this myself, but it’s one of the main things I want to figure out.

honestly I’m very much a noob when it comes to shaders myself, I tried to think of a whay to do that bu couldn’t think of any, maybe using the layer weight node might help but idk

The only thing that occurs to me is that there might be some way to use the normals, but that’s as far as I get.

can you upload the node group,it looks awesome

wow thats super. whats the node setup.

1 Like

This is brilliant!

1 Like