Eevee does not render (all) emissive objects and I can see through some

pretty much the title…

in solid and rendered mode (cycles) all objects are there and looking right. but when switching to Eevee, things are getting messed up, not all emissive obejcts are showing and other, non emissive ones are like set on “see-through” mode.

I already checked, if it´s a normals-orientation issue, but it´s not. all are facing ok.

any ideas?

cheers!

Eevee
just some emissive objects are shown and you can see through the grip

solid renderer

cycles

(all red and green - emissive objects are there and you can´t look through the grip)

so nobody got an idea, what´s wrong? hmmm - so I guess this is not a know bug or something :confused:

it is normal for eevee in current blender 2.8 beta, i always meet some issuses on blender 2.8.

If there is some transparency somewhere in all those objects. It should be a Z order problem.
In that case be sure that all your origins are not far away from the objects.
If you need a better answer… please. Post your blend for a better reverse engineering from our side.
Cheers

thanks for reply !

setting all origins to geometry helped - kind of. now the objects are showing, but depending on cam postion in viewport they´re poping in or out of existence (on vertical movements)

I attached a blend-file, maybe somebody can take a look at it.Saber_test.blend (1.2 MB)

please do not distribute this!

dont put alpha otpions on opaque materials for display.
ps:
it ll take 10 mn to modelise this kind of stuff for a professional…
why are you so affraid about someone copying a licensed stuff ?
i m sure you have spend a lot of time working on it. and that’s cool .
but nothing is important except sharing.

1 Like

thanks for the hint - I did not tweak a thing on the materials, hmmmm

I am not too affraid, that somebody copying this - but I don´t want to be responsible for this blend file may damage someones hardware or whatnot. forthermore, this is a typical “star wars design” and I don´t want to get sued or whatnot. need to be careful about copyrights and stuff on the internet.

and no - I did not spend a lot time, modeling it. was like 15 or 20 mins or so, while learning new 3D program
what took the most time, was trying to find out, why oh why these issues with Eevee occured, hehehehe

thank you, for your help!