Eevee flame simulation alpha

so i’ve been trying fire simulation in eevee by following some youtube videos, but the problem came when i tried rendering it with alpha/transparant background so i can use it later.

the fire and smoke looks too thin, or sometimes not even showing.

is there a way to render fire in eevee with transparent background while the fire looks bright?

1 Like

Yes I also had this problem recently - I believe it’s a bug because in the viewport it looks fine on the “transparent” background. I ended up rendering it on a black background and using it’s luminance as mask / setting the blendmode to multiply in Unity (the gameengine where I needed it). This should however not be necessary imo.

Maybe I’ll write a bug report tomorow if there isn’t any yet.

This Bugreport is related:

If you save the file to EXR or composite it over something else in the compositor the emission will be there. But if you save it to e.g. PNG or display it in the image editor the emission will not show, because those image representations do not support this type of emission full transparency.

thank you for your respond,

i haven’t tried what you said but i have found a workaround. instead choosing “fire” as the flow source, i choose “fire + smoke”, and for the domain i checked “dissolve” so the smoke disappear.

Might be not be the most suitable solution for everyone, but if anyone else got the same problem and the smoke doesn’t really bothers them, i think it is a quite useful workaround.