EEVEE Motion blur glitch when moving Master Bone

Hey all,

I have an animation sequence I’m working on to acquaint myself with animation, rigging and EEVEE (nothing is my own design, based on a CBaileyFilms tutorial).

At one point, I animate the model (keeping the master bone stationary) stepping down from a small ledge. When it lands and is momentarily still I reposition the master node for the next sequence of animation. Even though none of the vertexes themselves are moving, there is a massive Motion blur glitch. How do I stop this?

Glitch

[Please note, in the above Gif, there seems to be a ‘material-less’ frame. This wasn’t in my previous test renders, so no idea about that one…]

Basically, I don’t want there to be any motion blur ‘spike’. How would I go about removing that?

Regards,

Mike

P.S. To explain my ‘moving my Master node’, see the two screenshots below showing how I move the master between two frames.

Looks like the master is rotated

Hi Animelix,

The master only has it’s position changed between the frames, not it’s rotation.

Were it rotated, I’d still want to remove the blur. Do you know how to resolve this?

Don’t know… how are your motion blur settings (maybe to long for the short movement)

These are my settings for Motion Blur. Are there other settings that are worth showing?

BlurSettings