EEVEE Scene: Concept Art - Goodbye

I’ve been playing around with Eevee and finally feeling like I’m getting a grasp on it. I tried for more of a cinematic approach so I built a “film set” design where I could move the camera around. Eevee’s “realtimeness” comes in suuuper handy for this approach, super fun.

EEVEE SCENE VIDEO AT: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rRyKJ2

_

You can also find me at:
• ArtStation: www.artstation.com/delaneveart
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/delaneveart
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/delaneveart
• Youtube: www.youtube.com/delaneveart
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/delaneveart

61 Likes

Super cool. It turned out very cinematic looking. I think you nailed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Karl!

1 Like

indeed you nailed it, this looks awesome. it got a great atmosphere. :astonished:

Thank you! I appreciate it :space_invader:

cool work !!!

Thanks a lot alf0!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thank you Bart! :fire:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

hi @delaneveart :slight_smile:

I love all you use to create… and of course i love this one.

You said you render this in eevee.
As far as i know ( and though i didn’t take a peek in it yet ) EEVEE is the RT blender engine.

And i’d be interrested in some lil infos about it, on your work.
Could you please gimme some frame rate info on this scene ? I mean…
Imagine a first person view for walking around the scene… At what frame rate does this run ?
And also what is your mùacine config :wink: ( CPU, RAM, GPU )

I use unity wich is a pretty good engine but i wonder wether EEVEE could be better in a matter of
quality/speed…

Thanks to you for those infos and also thanks for pleasing my eyes with your amazing work :slight_smile:

regards.

This is really evocative. Beyond my talents - or even my ambitions - in terms of the use of Blender. You’ve created a scene, Dela Neve, that conveys something. I dig it.

Look: I’m not much of an “artist” these days. I come here to ask technical questions about Blender, in service to CAD projects, that few artists care or need to consider; but a part of me really appreciates art like this. It’s a good call by Bart to “feature” this. Otherwise, I might not even have seen it. Thanks to Bart.

Your use of the tool set to create a scene, a story and a mood does what images in galleries and frescoes around the world do to the paint and canvas or plaster or whatever on which they are made - it renders the tools and methods essentially moot.

Instead of thinking, “Hmm… I wonder what material properties were used for this…”, I find myself just looking at this image and being drawn-in, being provoked by it, feeling invited to think about what’s going-on in the picture, what the story might be. I don’t give any thought to how you made it until much later. And that’s not to second-guess others’ responses. They would be wise to ask, since you clearly know what you’re doing, technically. I just think this is cool as art, regardless of how it’s done.

So, that’s my response to things that set my imagination into motion, as your work has today. Thanks for creating and sharing. I hope you find it rewarding. I guess I’ll go post another esoteric, technical question in another thread…

jaw dropping work man, congrats!

This is some serious professional work! It remind me a bit of the Star Wars council.

Thank you for your comment! I don’t use EEVEE like that, meaning I’m not optimizing everything to be “really” realtime. I’m just going for still images but it is still pretty fast. I’m not sure if you saw the youtube video on the link I provided, but there you can see how much it takes to load at preview quality on the viewport. I don’t remember how much it took to render, but it was something around 20 seconds per frame at 1080.

My PC is Ryzen 7 1700 CPU, 16 GB RAM, VEGA 64 GPU.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This is so so nice of you. Thank you very much, I’m humbled.

Thanks a lot Manuel, glad you liked it! :fire:

Haha, not really worthy of such comparison. Thank you polynut! :space_invader:

1 Like

rare to see renders with good lighting and composition - great work mate

Thanks a lot Ryuu!