Embrace the Creative Revolution: Join Our Visionary Animation Project!

Dear artists,

I hope this message finds you well and immersed in your artistic endeavors. My name is Cecil, We are a passionate team of artists and storytellers who are dedicated to revolutionizing the animation industry through groundbreaking projects.

I’m here today with an incredible opportunity to collaborate on a visionary animation project that we believe will not only inspire audiences but also elevate your artistic journey to new heights. We have been captivated by your exceptional talent and artistic visions, and we genuinely believe that your unique skills can be a transformative force in our creative endeavor.

The Project:
we are embarking on an ambitious animation project that transcends traditional boundaries. resulting in a visually stunning and emotionally captivating animated experience.

Our Vision:
As a startup animation studio, our vision is to create a nurturing and collaborative environment where artists like you can thrive. We believe in providing a platform for unconventional and cutting-edge ideas that challenge the norm. This project represents the first step in realizing this vision, and we are thrilled to invite you to be a part of this creative revolution.

Why You?
Your artistic journey has left an indelible mark on our team. We have marveled at your ability to breathe life into characters, create mesmerizing environments, and evoke profound emotions through your art. We truly believe that your contributions will be instrumental in shaping this project and setting new standards of artistic excellence.

What’s in this project for You:
We understand the importance of fair compensation for artists, but at this stage, we are operating on a limited budget. However, we want to highlight the incredible benefits that your involvement can bring:

1. Creative Freedom and Collaboration: Your unique perspective and artistic voice are highly valued. You will have the freedom to express yourself and collaborate closely with a passionate team of professionals who share your vision.

2. Exposure and Recognition: The Animation Studio is committed to promoting and showcasing the exceptional talents of our artists. Your artwork will be credited and featured across various platforms, providing you with exposure to a global audience and potential recognition within the industry.

3. Portfolio Enhancement: Your participation in this project will serve as a powerful addition to your portfolio, demonstrating your versatility, creativity, and ability to contribute to a professional animation project. This can open doors to exciting paid opportunities in the future.

4. Networking and Growth: Joining our studio means becoming part of a supportive community of like-minded artists and industry professionals. Through collaborations and connections, you will have the opportunity to expand your network and grow both personally and professionally.

Next Steps:
We would love to discuss this opportunity further and explore how we can embark on this transformative journey together. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] to schedule a meeting or a video call. We are excited to hear your thoughts, answer any questions you may have, and delve into the details of the project.

Thank you for considering this unique opportunity. We genuinely believe that together, we can create something extraordinary that will leave an indelible mark on the world of animation.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Warm regards,

Cecil, Director and Founder

Hello,

Do you have some past work reference that we can look at to see what you do ? It’s super interesting to connect with other talented artists but since you’re asking for volunteer work it’s great to be able to judge the actual level of you and your team…
Any info that you can share on that side without spoiling your project ?

2 Likes

Uhm! Since we are new in existence and the current project is our
first project, we have nothing to show but some few illustrations,
concept art and the script!

Cool , thanks !
Yeah I understand that you’re just starting your collective and therefore have nothing done yet !
But maybe you can show your individual portfolios, past personal or professional works something like that ?

2 Likes

Well, i just started learning 3d animation buh then, i have obtained
some knowledge so far.
The team consist of two writers and myself!
one writer owns the rick and morty script. The other can be found on
simply script website!
i have no portfolio yet, just some models

You got Justin Roiland to work with you, a non-professional, as a volunteer? Forgive me if I’m a bit skeptical, but I find that hard to believe

2 Likes

Ok thanks for clarifying ! So you have experienced professional writers working with you, but little experience in how to produce professional quality animated content ( movie / series) from start to finish.

Maybe you should first look for some experienced CG supervisor that can take your ideas and find some ways to make them in a reasonable time frame ? Someone who can estimate how many people are needed, how to share files, how to render shots, what kind of pipeline you need , before looking for all kind of profile ?

The original message might be interpreted as if all that is already figured out and you just look for artists. Having already a good structure that makes sure the idea can actually be made, will be very reassuring for experienced artists to come in and work for free. Which you’ll likely need since your project seems ambitious.

2 Likes

No, i dont know justin.
i mean jayrex(javier)

1 Like

Well, thanks for that one!

1 Like

I see. I was able to find your writer with that information, and I’m pleasantly surprised to see they have a fair bit of experience (in that they’ve written quite a few scripts). However, none of those scripts have been produced, and none of them were for a client, they’re all personal work, so that doesn’t really inspire much confidence. Combined with you saying you’re starting out with 3D animation, I’m getting an overall impression of two amateurs with no industry experience looking to recruit volunteers for a project.

Honestly, you’re putting the cart way ahead of the horse here. You’re not in a position to attract help- you need more experience and a strong personal demo reel first. If you want people to work under you for free, with you as a director, you’re going to need to show some pretty impressive stuff that you can do by yourself with no help. It’s also way too early in your journey to think about being a director and managing a project. Go animate a bunch of 10 second clips before you dive into something massive like this

6 Likes

Thanks! champ.

1 Like

Hello !
I second @joseph here, as a director or project leader you need to be some of the artists in your team with the most experience. For many reasons this is how it works.
But many of us been there and we generally come to 3D with big dreams, keep learning and lower your expectations at first and eventually you’ll get there !

Good luck !

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks!

1 Like