Emissive Lighting Artifacts in UPBGE?

Hi yall,
Ive been messing around with UPBGE and ive gotten a test scene setup to test out lighting setups on space ships. I’m messing around with the material nodes and ive managed to get the deflector dish to have emissive lighting using the emmision node, and making sure both bloom and Screen Space Reflections are on.
The bloom works great, but the screen space reflections are very grainy and noisy unless the object is perfectly still.
Any ideas as to how to overcome this?

Screen Shot of the reflected light when the object is moving

what you describe is a limitation of the way TAA is setup.

we need a pro to re-configure it for realtime :smiley:

Oh ok gotcha. Sucks cause I’d love for a way to simulate that light actually casting rays of light onto the underside of the saucer even if the light itself isnt on screen.

Oh use a planar reflect probe for that

SSR does not work of the info is not in the screen buffer at that depth

So how would I go about using a planar reflect probe? And in UPBGE would this work for the game engine at runtime?

Yeah in upbge everything that works in the viewport works in the game engine for the most part

About using planar reflect probe / cube map probes this is good for static stuff like water or props

I am not sure if a cubemap probe can be updated in real time at the moment also

Ok so how do I use reflect probe then? I’m not too expirenced in more advanced forms of lighting methods lol

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/eevee/light_probes/reflection_planes.html

Thanks, lol lost access to a laptop to mess around with the upbge, thank goodness for Google drive.