Emmys 2018

materials
featured
texturing
lighting

(alanplanes15) #1

I had the opportunity and pleasure of working with Allucinari in association with Raj Kapoor Productions on the 2018 Emmy awards.

Youtube link Emmys 2018 Chairman’s background screen

We used Blender and Eevee to create the backgrounds throughout the whole show. Eevee even though in Alpha was very useful because of its speed and ability to get good materials rendering in seconds.

In the linked video is where I did most of my work with Mark D Allen. We created the composition, materials, lighting and animation for the statue.

I also personally also animated the interns animation in Blender and Eevee.

Check out the link to see it animated!

Pretty cool to use Eevee on a international world wide event!

(Frwanque) #2

Very nice !!! Good job

(mookie3d) #3

Congratulations, it’s really an amazing news and result!

(alanplanes15) #4

Thank you both :slight_smile:

(Jason van Gumster) #5

Congratulations!

Also… you’re #featured! :slight_smile:

(Robert) #6

Congrats! Really good job!

(drgci) #7

amazing congratulations

(Osares) #8

That’s pretty cool, good job :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:

(Mr_Flamey) #9

Nice! Although I saw the pic and thought you had rendered a entire cg emmy awards ceremony and I was unable to tell the difference from reality :smiley:

(Blender Foundation CERTIFIED TRAINER) #10

Fantastic! So a fair question would be: After the direct eevee renders were out, did you post process them as well doing… (what?) and did you only used blender 2.8 compositor?
This is amazing news!
What size did you rendered the images to?

(Milan Stankovic) #11

WOW awesome :slight_smile:

(Tomáš Luža) #12

There goes " These builds are from the Blender 2.8 project. Do not use in production nor save important files with it." :D. Well done and good job! Awsome project!

(Naseem Shanbour) #13

well done congratulations on your work.

(Dalai Felinto) #14

Any particular feature(s) in 2.8 (besides EEVEE) that you benefited from and enjoyed using it?
And on the other side, what got the most in your way?

(ItalianJoy) #15

This is exciting to hear!! Great job.

(Zinogg) #16

Congratulations, pretty impressive!

(rafaelmoco) #17

Wooow! Very nice! Congrats!

(gr8!) #18

He, heee… Great job Alan! Congrats! :slight_smile:

(Allucinari) #20

Chiming in because I see your question wasn’t answered. There was some post processing done on some of these images in After Effects to help smooth some anomalies. CC Wide Time was used to solve an artifacting issue. Not all of the shots needed it, but a couple did. The final canvas you see is about 3800 by 1050. So far we’re finding that in some instances reflections or hot points can create firefly like artifacts sometimes or just aliasing issues that need to be addressed.

(alanplanes15) #21

The materials in Eevee were great to use! Glass was surprisingly good and volumetric fog worked very well.

Also mostly enjoyed how the fast feedback from switching settings off and on features like screen space reflections.

Complications were in the Depth of field producing some artifacts from specific angles, and limited compositing options like hiding having lights affect only a certain object, etc.

I believe most issues will be fixed with the official release.

And thank you everyone I appreciate the encouragement, I was surprised it got featured and just checked today :smiley: