End Object Actuator + More Help

Well, I’m just experimenting with the Blender Game Engine, trying to figure out how to use it. (**Also, just a note about the .blend-- there may be several actuators and/or controllers that may not be connected to anything, so just ignore them.) So, I want the sphere to end and restart the game if they collide with the plane at the bottom with the property EndObject (oops, I forgot to add an actuator for that. I’m assuming I would add a game acuator and set it to Restart this Game). Also, why is the sphere not colliding exactly at the faces of the objects?

Attachments

GameControllersTest.blend (283 KB)

Softbodies have a fixed distance to the collision faces.
That might be the reason why the collision sensor does not recognise the collision (or it is just not supported for softbody). If you switch the sphere to rigid body the sensor works as expected.

I hope it helps

Yeah, I’d just use an invisible rigid object for collisions and just use the softbody for looks. Gamemaking is all about faking everything to look good while running fast. :slight_smile:

Yes, i tried the rigid body and it made the collisions even stranger. I made the size of the sphere the same size as the collision radius, but the sphere would stick into the level about 1/4 of the way. This actually might be because of the invisible walls i set to keep the ball from rolling off. I would try to find more problems, but I’m really trying to get back to my Modern Living Room WIP. Thanks for the tips!