End of Summer Days Render Project

Final Artwork:

Solid View:

Description:

This project was a submission to a render challenge by Felicia White on the topic on “Destruction”, and since I have been having my summer going by relatively fast for me, It would have taken inspiration to have that element into the piece of work.

The character of the kid was a custom base mesh made in Makehuman, where I make most of my custom human character models from. He was then modified with more detailed textures, some hair, and even custom clothing, This was meant to be from the backside as looking at the front gets a whole different result.

Initially this piece was again referenced from a sketch that was made several days early before even doing this render, due to procrastination and other projects within the making. But eventually I modeled of of it pretty well indeed.

Concept Sketch:

There are a very few stuff where i did took the time and motivation into modeling by hand, But eventually, you couldn’t take the pain of modeling, and just use the work of others

( Most of these models I do not take credit for, Kudos for the other people that made these stuff for free online ;).)

These consist of most of the rides like the Ferris Wheel, the Swing ride, The UFO ride, and the 3d scan of Manhattan. Some of these models I did had to texture myself.

The Explosion is actually of and Explosion stock footage with the combination of Felicia’s Image/Volume shader without the time and money to spend on making a convincing mushroom cloud.

When rendering to save my computer on rendering for hours, I render each part in specific images that will be combined together in photoshop.

Then comes the fun part that could unleash my inner self, which is adding a whole bunch of fire, flares, and dust to the scene to make it look good:

But in the end this was a fun project to work on, and from the longer weeks of procrastination due to personal business, This gave me a cathartic conclusion to my feelings of summer.

I hope that eventually to keep doing more of these in the meantime between breaks, but for now from typing this… I need some sleep.

-Josh

9 Likes

You’ve done awesome work here, and your breakdown is super comprehensive and interesting! I’ve added the #art-breakdown tag to your post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was really great (even with the procrastination :smile:) congrats on finally finishing it

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like