EndMission Test

EDIT:
One question: What resolution should I run the .exe at?

Before I REALLY get started on this project I need to know if you people:
1.Like the control
2.Able to run this game at a good speed.

Download EndMissionTest.zip: (It’s only 800k)
http://www.anycities.com/laganfalls/downloads.html

Game Controls:
Look around -mouse
w =forward
s =backward
a =left
d =right

Hello
At the moment the demo runs quite well in my system (XP 1800/GF4)
But what’s the player?? Spider-man???

Bye
Ántónio

At the moment the demo runs quite well in my system (XP 1800/GF4)
But what’s the player?? Spider-man???

If you guys like the control it will stay a “Stealth Mech” but, if the control stinks I will make it a first person shooter. It doesn’t which one it is since it won’t change the storyline.
Good to hear you can run it fine, I won’t have to sacrifice anything to increase speed. :smiley: (If everyone else finds the speed okay too.)

nice interface, mines always look like crap… maybe ill put a design behind my health and ammo numbers

yea… it runs swell… but then again i got a 900mhz cpu with a 64 meg video card… so i dont know, it runs good for me

the movement is really weird and fast, i can float in the sky?
i like the mouse, its smooth.

It runs pretty good, the only thing that happened was somehow I ended up sideways and couldn’t turn right. I think it’s that bug with the track to showing up again:)

nah is just that you can rotate like if you were in space, you just need to press w,a,s,d and then move the mouse.

So the real problem here is that you should put something like a compass so people can have a reference to aling their ship

Thanks for all your feedback!

the movement is really weird and fast, i can float in the sky?
Yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

nah is just that you can rotate like if you were in space, you just need to press w,a,s,d and then move the mouse.

So the real problem here is that you should put something like a compass so people can have a reference to aling their ship

Thats a good idea, I never really thought of adding one! The blank menubar on the bottom of the screen was going to be for a radar but I guess I will make it a compass instead, or both!
It’s what comes from having full 360 rotation, should only take a few seconds to re-align.

yeah the problem its not aligning back is having a reference to do it :slight_smile:

Hey Lagan you help me in mine, im helping you in yours :stuck_out_tongue: i just realize that, he heh eh …

The interface looks nice, and so does everything else. The only thing I didn’t like was you kinda rotating to the left and right in the air. And the mouse seems a bit sensitive and doesn’t really seem right. It’s kinda like you’re using Torque to rotate instead of Drot.

Pooba

It’s kinda like you’re using Torque to rotate instead of Drot.
I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

I fixed the mouse’s sensitivity problem and created a new cross-hair which helps you to re-align. (You will see next time I update the test.) :slight_smile:

And about the poll, why not release it at multiple resolutions?

Please have a 320x200 version as well, I want my laptop to have a chance:)

did u guys know that u could just make a .exe file at 320x240 or something and just resize the window to make whatever resolution u want?

so pretty much u can change it to whatever resolution u want, in windowed mode anyways

did u guys know that u could just make a .exe file at 320x240 or something and just resize the window to make whatever resolution u want?

so pretty much u can change it to whatever resolution u want, in windowed mode anyways

No it’s different. it will still be 320x240 pixels but streched.
(It will look all blurry)

I will make several version: 320x240, 800x600, and 1024x768

what???

it doesnt get blurry, it resolution really does change…

ive tryed it with my raceing game, its a .exe

we’re useing windows right?