Energy Based self collision

looks like an impressive speed up!
I wonder if this will ever make it in blender

Maybe Genscher can have a look at it?
I’m curious about one thing though. I see Mitsuba render being used. I see Suzanne. Automatically I’m thinking: maybe they wrote a patch for Blender?

[QUOTE] [ I’m thinking: maybe they wrote a patch for Blender? ]

I wish… Mitsuba’s next release is going to be very interesting however JW does not have the time to do it himself. :no:

I wonder if any Blender Devs read up on the papers/work JW does with Mitsuba ? :confused:
He seems like a really nice guy and would probably be really happy to see Mitsuba
working in Blender. Oh well, i will continue to hold my breath.

I think they may have just exported an .obj per frame and rendered that.

This is one of the publications shown at Siggraph that Mistuba was used on.
Correct me if I’m wrong (ie, something broke in the meantime) but there is a Mitsuba exporter, so it does work with blender.

This is one of the publications shown at Siggraph that Mistuba was used on. I think the best one is the one that lets you cloth sheep more efficiently.
Correct me if I’m wrong (ie, something broke in the meantime) but there is a Mitsuba exporter, so it does work with blender.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4lxjrocjB1rn95k2o1_250.gif

http://www.mitsuba-renderer.org/devblog/?p=352

Much more than you thought :wink:
Btw this man power will never directly affect blender since they use mitsuba as a sandbox for testing their researchs (they are all phds ore university researches), it is up to other developer to implement the most interesting features into blender

Yes I am guilty… i was was throwing chum in the water to get attention. :o Sorry.

i only did that so that maybe someone can help the guy clear some of the road blocks he encounters
with the Mitsuba exporter. It’s a rare thing to have artistic talent and be able to program, and he did state that he could use the help. If i could i would.

--------->  :o  <---------
1 Like