Enjoying the flight

A group of Thalassodromeus enjoying the flight. (Scenery created and rendered in Blender 3.3.11, cliff objects sculpted in ZBrush, Thalassodromeus was purchased as a 3d model).

13 Likes

This is a cool scene. I’m sensing How to Train your Dragon vibes. :smiley:

1 Like

Many thanks.

I love the cliffs, you said that you just sculpted them? How did you get the tiny holes, any tips?

1 Like

I used a couple of third party brushes, which are made for rocklike features.

(Personally, I was not very happy with the final result, but didn’t have time yet to return to train my skills with rock sculpting yet.)

I don’t remember which of the brushes exactly I used or from what package, because I also own different ones. With those brushes, you sculpt by adding or subtracting from the main mesh, starting with big features, then slowly adding smaller features. It’s a process that requires patience and frequent comparison to real rocks/cliffs in order not to loose sight of what may look realistic.
After that I added in Blender a bit of bumpmap and colors to the cliff objects, mostly with the help of a third party rock shader.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining.

1 Like

Thats Very cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice mood and scenery. Kinda reminds me of the Final Fantasy games cinematics. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like