Enter Command

This is my first post here in Blenderartists, hope you like it.

http://jplacerda.daportfolio.com

I like it! The texture seems a little monochromatic though.

nice, i don’t know how long you’ve used blender for but it’s great work. the details are mostly very good, except one or two tiny technical errors, and the weathering/scratch marks spot on. the errors i mention are the guns which simply lack detail, as they draw the eye’s focus they really need it. the small camera/sensor/laser thing at the centre is awesome and the protective cover for it a nice touch. was this inspired, by any chance, by the robocop film form a few months back?

Actually I made it mutch before the robocop film. You’re right about the guns, they really need more details. And I’ll try addind more colors next time, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Wow, this is incredible, João Paulo! I saw this on my phone while on a trip last week, but was unable to comment until now. The robot looks very good, the textures especially are very cool and realistic looking. I do agree that the robot could use some extra geometry detail in a few places, but it is not too noticeable.

Fantastic work! How did you go about texturing this? The scratched edges texture lines up so well with your model, it isn’t just PhotoShop work, is it? Did you use texture painting in Blender to texture in 3D space?

I really like this. Love to see it blow some stuf up

I did use texture painting in blender, it took me at least one week to finish the scratches in white but the rest is result of blending textures together to get the old stuff feeling. I did not use references to model this, that’s why the guns and the rest of it lacks when it comes to details. I tried to make it very fast, the modelling took me no more than a couple of hours.

Hahaha! Thanks!

I never thought of animating this thing, as it is completely made of loose parts, it would be hard to rig it… :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it! Maybe a little bit of variation in the color would be better! But the work is great! :smiley: