Entomology

Hello, I made this scene a while ago for the Artstation Challenge: The Art of 3D Insects

Unfortunately I forgot to seek feedback while I was working on it, so now I’m at this point where I don’t know why this was not good enough.
I’d love to see what you think about this image, any C&C is highly appreciated! Thank you! =)

7 Likes

Hello, It looks really nice! but what you could try to change is the pencils in the case. Not sure why the lens flare is there? because there should be a strong light source, but not sure on that.
The paper looks thick, try to give it a texture.

1 Like

Veer good. Nice lighting and texturing. The pencil case looks a bit solid if u get what I mean. You could increase its roughness.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for you feedback @Dominique_Hopman!
I’m not sure about what you meant by changing the pencils, about the lens flare that makes sense, I think I placed it on the wrong setting, also your are correct that paper is lacking texture I only used colors on render and post process, I’ll try everything you said, thanks =)

Hey thank you @js20041!
Yeah I know what you mean about the pencil case, I tried to replicate a material that is not very soft like cloth but a bit solid, I don’t know if I achieved that look properly, but thanks anyway =)

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow thank you so much @bartv!

Hey, The thing that strikes me the most is "Is that an eraser " ?? It looks like a bar of aluminum. Other than the lens flair it looks good.

1 Like