Environment scenes - cycles

So these two are a little older and have a more moody look

These are done lately and I wnated to make them a little more cartoony

I have been loathe to post my work lately as they seem to attract a lot of negative criticism, maybe because they are more ilustrative and some folks seem to hate that style with a passion :confused:
My goal really was to make clean looking cycles renders and it was a big learning curve for me.
I was doing comparative tests in Vray and Cycles and overall i like cycles more , though vray is cool
I am mainly trying to get back to illustration these days

8 Likes

just to mention the fog is all localised makes it a lot faster to work with
here are a few more from a different project, but same techniques/goals etc

i think this was maybe too ambitious for my first environment project, still have maybe 60 percent of the scene to model.
All models and textures done by me, mainly procedural stuff

I donโ€™t know why these visualizations would encourage negative criticism???:thinking:
You have good quality scenes here that could easily be used as f.ex. a gaming environment.
thumbs up from me!

thanks for that, yeah you would be surprised what I have to put up with :slight_smile:
But I am enjoying working with Blender this last 5 years

people can be nasty without no reason, so why bother? Do your own stuff and enjoy it!

1 Like

yeah these scenes are the most unoptimised ever, probably around 300 materials, polycounts are ok though

I think RESTAURANT26 is really good. Interesting atmosphere.

1 Like

Good works! I too like particularly RESTAURANT26 mood.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah i was quite pleased with that one. it was originally a VR render and the clouds look 3d, weird
The clouds were just a box mapped with fog with noise placed just beihind the bus, so it looks like clouds. was quite fast to render

might have been some procedural stuff in the sky too, canโ€™t remember now

messing with the car shader. I always intended to have more cars in the scene, just took me a while to learn how to make them

1 Like

update on the cars, which are now on sale separately on cg trader

will update my scene with all the assets I have have created recently