Environments

Another. Not so happy with this one. Seems to be lacking something.

Attachments

Well, Simon pointed out what it lacks - purpose. My interest is in movies, but the course is actually about environment design for games, so he’s thinking levels, threats, tasks, transport, etc. Perhaps I should have a glance at the game engine to get a bit of a feel for this. I don’t actually play many computer games.

I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks now. It’s really interesting what people can do with values. Just from reading this, I can see that I’ve greatly neglected this and the other elements of art. I can’t wait to see more.

I really liked those two:

/uploads/default/original/3X/d/1/d167c701a76e9fd0ba5930842f431f54a2534034.jpgstc=1&thumb=1&d=1328798493
This looks like straight out of a noir film. very nice :RocknRoll:

/uploads/default/original/3X/0/6/06566358f713551ebd8712d2b50687e1ad4f6f46.jpgstc=1&thumb=1&d=1329034346
This reminds me of a scary fairytale, like “the book of lost things”. Well done :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for comments. My students are back at school and keeping me pretty busy so my output has slowed considerably but I will be updating each week while the workshop lasts.

OK, back to it. Colour this week. This is pretty rough but we’re meant to spend only a limited time and go mostly for mood. We will be taking something through to a final image by the end of the workshop.

Attachments

Going for a dark forest vibe, with some kind of hidden kingdom. Mostly photo with some painted parts.

Attachments

are you only supposed to spend 5 minutes on each work or something

I’ll have to admit that I took more than 5 minutes to find the right photo.

I meant the painting process because there is very little painting going on

It’s pretty much a thumbnail, just finding the theme and the mood.

A bit more actual painting this time. The sky is mostly original plate.

Attachments

Development of a previous mono thumbnail

Attachments

Last homework piece for the week.

Attachments

Rework of one of my previous images (#47) because I like the concept. This week (Week 6) we have to take three of our images to a ‘higher level’. Need to get my head around what this actually means. I think I’ll do a bit more with this one, plus the two immediately above. Final aim of the course is to take one of these images to a finished piece suitable for a portfolio.

Attachments

Slightly different interpretation of this scene.

Attachments

A bit happier with this one. Mostly render, with some PP in PS. Developing the urban concept from #3.

Attachments

Developing the house in the forest concept.

Attachments

Lake scene redux. From here on I’ll only be posting finished pieces. Task for the final two weeks of the workshop is to take at least one of these through to a portfolio piece.

Attachments

Might call this done, not sure.

Attachments