Epic Crowd Simulations

Aiming for some Epic Crowd Simulation to fill future scifi cityscape

Run the Video in 1080p

I am just running two animation offsets per character i will make 5 different animation pr character and make some more work on the textures to make some more crowd noise.

Even if there is some clipping now when one applies some steam, vehicles, noise, filters and depth of field it looks GR8!

2 Likes

Very nice !
You use particles for that or an addon ? I haven’t understand how you generate / spawn / animate all the characters ect…

When I looked at it for the third time I noticed that their feet slide on the ground ( It’s more noticeable on some character) , is there a way to fix that , or given the method you use they will always more forward linearly ?

Anyway it’s great, I would love to know a bit more about the process, and I’m sure the final sci-fi scene will be impressive !

Yes just set the speed of your particles to a matching speed of your animation, i will upload a more complete animation scene with filters and everything and in the end the slight sliding of some characters wont be so noticeable.

There is NO addon used just particle boids for this tech test scene

Thanks a lot for the details, it’s working quite well !
Maybe if you add some people or small group of people standing still it will make the scene more natural.
Anyway , I’m looking forward the evolution of this shot ! Your right with some additional stuff and filters it may look totally fine !

Yes Here you can check out some more WIP https://youtu.be/kcJhCJqxPj4

Next thing is to expand on the crowd.

1 Like

Hey, awesome ! even if it’s a bit rough around the edges I already like the mood !
I’m eager to see this evolve !