I’ve been experimenting with generating equirectangular images for use as environment textures. It almost works.
- I create a 2048x1024 test image with graphics software - latitude and longitude grid.
- I assign the image to an Environment Texture node, Equirectangular.
- I place the camera at the origin and rotate it to various positions. Everything looks exactly as expected.
- I place a mirror ball at the origin and aim camera at it, from various positions. Everything is a little “off”.
- Front view shows both poles
- Top/bottom view shows entire equator
Camera and vector adjustments don’t seem to fix this. Am I missing something basic?
Images attached - .blend not interesting. (actually I am using .png)
Test grid, front view, top view.