Error code appears when trying to import SVG images

So i’m having problems when trying to import .SVG image files to Blender. Unfortunately i don’t speak this computer mumbo jumbo and i was hoping that someone on here could give me some help in order to fix this, hopefully as simplisticly explained to me so that i could understand this.

You should be able to see the problem with this link:
[https://i.imgur.com/eYozdxl.png]

Hi @Artei, in order to see if the problem is the .svg file you’re trying to import here is a simple star.svg, made in Inkscape. I can import this into Blender 2.79 with no problem. If you can’t then the likely problem is the svg import add-on [ try removing it, close Blender, Open Blender install add-on again ]. If you CAN import my .svg file then the issue is in your .svg file - it’s not in a format that the Blender add-on knows how to deal with. In which case try opening your .svg in Inkscape or something similar and re-exporting. Here’s my star ( wow, it shows up as the actual image!)star because I can’t tell if this is downloadable I’ll update this message after I’ve posted it.

Update: It’s fine, just Right-click on the star and ‘save-as’, it comes in as an .svg though it will have a random name.

Hi @DamianJ . I tried to import that star image into Blender 2.79, but it was same as before,
just givin’ me the error code and not load up. I even tried to remove and re-install the io_curve_svg addon but nothing happened. So basically i’m back at square one.

Hi Ari. Have you tried importing it into Blender 2.8? ( this works for me) you will need to enable the addon as it is not on by default:-

If this works, but you want to use the shape in Blender 2.79 then save the 2.8 file somewhere temporary. Open 2.79 and from the Append menu:-

B279_append

go to the 2.8 file you saved, into the Object sub-folder and select the curve object. This will be the geometry you want.

I suspect that your original .svg add-on may have become corrupted by something else. If it’s not a serious inconvenience you might want to consider ‘re-installing’ Blender as this add-on is built in.

What version of Blender 2.79 are you using exactly?
The SVG provided by @DamianJ imports just fine on my official Blender 2.79b (Win 10 Pro x64)…

Curious if anybody was able to resolve this, because I’m having the same issue as the OP.

Thanks!