error on blender compile

i had this error when trying to compile blender with sevenblend 0.1.3
Ubuntu 8.10
Python 2.5
Scons 1.1.0
Maybe it’s a lost dependency. Any tip?

Compiling ==> 'GPG_ghost.cpp'
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wdeclaration-after-statement" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
Compiling ==> 'GPG_KeyboardDevice.cpp'
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wdeclaration-after-statement" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
Compiling ==> 'GPG_System.cpp'
Linking library ==> 'libgp_ghost.a'
Compiling ==> 'buildinfo.c'
Linking program ==> 'blender'
/home/leco/sevenblend-0.1.3/.sources/build/linux2/lib/libsrc.a(filesel.o): In function `drawfilespace':
filesel.c:(.text+0x6ec5): undefined reference to `find_language'
/home/leco/sevenblend-0.1.3/.sources/build/linux2/lib/libsrc.a(drawimasel.o): In function `drawimaselspace':
drawimasel.c:(.text+0x142c): undefined reference to `find_language'
drawimasel.c:(.text+0x1c9c): undefined reference to `find_language'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [/home/leco/sevenblend-0.1.3/.sources/build/linux2/bin/blender] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

It may well be temporary. I get the same errors with and without sevenblend on Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit.
A different error to yours, but also with linking blender:-

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [/home/organic/sevenblend-0.1.3/.sources/build/linux2/bin/blender] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Hopefully it will be fixed with the next revision.

you’re right.

i changed back to revision 17500 and it worked. :slight_smile:

for now
just erase your blender source
and edit sevenblend
replace:

svn co "$URL_BLENDER" "$SVN_BLENDER" > "$LOGS_SVN_BLENDER" 

with:

svn co -r 17500 "$URL_BLENDER" "$SVN_BLENDER" > "$LOGS_SVN_BLENDER" 

Is there a way to quickly download all dependencies? I’m trying to compile on windows using “make” and I get errors.

The necessary dependencies on windows are located at lib\windows in a SVN checkout.

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/windows

The latests revs are wrking on my Xubuntu. (I have KUbuntu and ubuntu too but xubuntu’s the only one where blender works!

Hi,

I had the same problem but cured it by updating my user-config.py file using the linux2-config.py file as a template.

I tried using the default use-config, but I get the same errors. I wonder if there is a problem with my build environment as I have been unable to build with the game engine for some weeks.

where do I save these dependencies? in the C:/WINDOWS directory?

would I run a command like "svn checkout “https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/windows” “C:/WINDOWS”

or something? tell me if I’m wrong.

I am really just posting this in case anyone finds a similar error

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

It turns out I had to install the development package for the nvidia driver( In my case nvidia-glx-new-dev)

I know this is a little late, but don’t do this (it won’t work anyway). You want the windows dependencies where the scons build system thinks they are, which is \lib\windows in the same directory as the blender source. E.g. if your build directory is C:\Build, then you probably have C:\Build\blender and should have C:\Build\lib\windows.

To do this:

cd C:\Build
mkdir lib
cd lib
svn co https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/windows