Etazhi

Here is a quick one done in a few hours over 2 afternoons to take a break from a bigger project:

Got the cars and trees models from other places but did all the rest.

Inspired by the cover of the album ‘Etazhi’ from Molchat Doma:

Also here is viewport render:

7 Likes

I like this! :slight_smile:

I think could benefit from more light to the right side of the stacked floors. Before I scrolled the page down (to see also the reference image) I was struggling to parse what the building’s architecture was doing (in the dark).

Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

…edit…
I was going to ask if this building existed in the real world… and here it is in the thumbnail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJo0Fgq8rE :open_mouth: :grinning:

…edit #2
from a comment under a different video ( Молчат Дома - Этажи FULL ALBUM (Molchat Doma - Etazhi) )

@rattler_boss1101
Fun fact : This building in video is hotel Panorama in Slovakia ( I live there and I ski every winter this is in local ski resort ) . It was built in 1970 before winter olympic

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!

It was indeed a bit too blended together on the right, I posted an updated version, slightly boosted the contrast to get a little bit more visibility but didn’t want to push too far as I wanted to keep that foggy/mysterious/etherial look.

And yes it is indeed a real building, used some real images as references to better see some areas for the modeling part. Quite an interesting design! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Such a interesting architecture. Love your lighting too, feels very mysterious.

1 Like

Thank you Bart!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: