EWOCprojects presents LapRelax

Blender 2.8 update available!

New product of labour! LapRelax is a smoothing tool for meshes for all those who want to keep shape/volume.

Download at EWOCprojects.

Website woos? Here.

current version: 2.79 → 0.2.0
2.8 → 0.3.6

1 Like

Woooohooooo!

The reuslts are very good!

thank you very much - the results are better than the old algorithm, you are genius, dude, with 40 lines of code made modelers best tool forever! it works like a charm and it respects clipping of the mirror modifier, the old code was not supporting clipping of the mirror modifier!
thank you very much, you saved at least one year in my life!

thank you very much - the results are better than the old algorithm, you are genius, dude, with 40 lines of code made modelers best tool forever!

Goes to show how easy Python and Blenders API makes coding…

yes, definetely! it works like a charm, even on shapekeys, which is awesome, however, in one case it gave me a bug… I was not able to reproduce it again, but if I do, I will report it to you!
Thank you very much once again!

Small fix - didnt account for border shrinkage when mesh parts selected

Re-opened at OP’s request

version 0.2.0

Code cleanup.

Thank you very much for that update, i just tried it on some mesh and it deliver very good results at preserving the volumes.
I noticed on high poly mesh it is even -much- faster than the extremely slow laplace smooth modifier that it is now replacing easily for me without any contest.
Great job !

Hello,
I make a refresh for this usefull script, better integrate in Blender.
The primary algorithme was not change…

nice addon. btw, your Download EWOCprojects tools collection.is 404

Here the working link with webarchive: https://web.archive.org/web/20150708230250/http://ewocprojects.be/EWOCprojects_tools.7z

Blender 2.8 update on the website now!

2.8 version now also work with subd modifiers!

1 Like

Thanks for update! Have error in latest blender build

Screenshot

Error solved, new version online.

2 Likes

Using build f877022956df from May 9. laprelax is a bit finicky. It sort of works but sometimes uses previous selected verts with current selected and can take a couple of clicks to get an initial relax. Also, doesn’t seem to hold original shape.

Can you check the LapRelax version? If its the tools collection you use, it’s definitely an old LapRelax version. You can download a standalone LapRelax on my website, that has been recently updated (also for 2.80). If problems persist even with the new one, let me know.

I’m already using 0.3.1 - just tested with defaults loaded and errors persist.

Had a newer v0.3.2 lying around (forgot to upload), don’t know if it fixes your issues but it seems to work like the old Blender 2.79 version here. Uploaded to website! Let me know what happens.