Experiences with Cycles....

very nice interiors… Do you have windows in two sides of room? or another plane with light emitter?

Vey nice renders. The floorboards seem a bit dominant, though. (And I’d have nightmares if I had a lamp like the one in the ceiling at home!)

@marco
It’s color management, you’re right. It can be done as PP (In Ps for instance, apply a different color profile)

I second that… :slight_smile:

Is the room totaly closed so only windows are holes + emiters there. another stuff… are you using ambient oclusion? if yes what on what settings :smiley: and did you set the world to black?

Thanks, Alain for the architectural glass setup, I’m trying a new interior scene and ill give it a try.
@Kramon, I didn’t use AO because the image looks kind of flat, like Alain said AO should be used carefully.
The room is totally closed with openings on both sides and emitters on them with the camera and shadow visibility off. The background was a gradient blueish HDR to give a blue light from the sky.

@camara and Kramon, Nicolo from project Mango (ToS) has an interesting way of handling AO by using render passes and then using direct diffuse to aid with lighting only the dark areas of the scene in post. Pretty interesting but is 32 mins long so if you only want to see the corridor scene where Nic discusses AO, it is at about the 23 min mark.

awesome, the lighting really works for your scene

@Camara - How is your scene lit? Can you give some hint. Very well lit :slight_smile:

Also use renderflow farm. it has cycles rendering support. Very cheap. I use it and it renders in 1 minute. well integrated with blender as a plugin. One click and the entire file gets uploaded to the farm and then you get email to download ones done

very nice, hope someday to reach this level