Export or save finely textured globe to file for use outside Blender

I originally posted on Materials and Textures and have been advised that Coding would be a better location to ask an export/save question.

I have been following Blender tutorials with great interest, in particular those referring to the production of rotating globes with a climate textured surface. I have extended these to other textures (countries, gravity, anomalies etc) and all work well within the Blender context, but when they are exported to any file format (dae, abc,3ds, fbx, ply, obj, x3d, stl, raw) they lose their textured surface. They can be saved in png format and then loaded into an android app (my own design) which can scan forwards or backwards via timer or touch/move strokes, but this is limited to only the png files which have been saved. It would be helpful if they could be saved/exported to an independent file format which includes fine texture (pixel colour) and coordinate information, and then manipulated independently with the touch/move facilities within android using all three degrees of freedom, as can be done within Blender.

I don’t know if this is too specialized a requirement of Blender, or if it is generally used and I am missing the references.

I look forward to reading any advice or suggestions you can offer.

Regards