export problems

Forgive me if this is the wrong section for this topic, I’m new around here.

Anyway, when I try to export my 3D model, I get a popup saying “Python Script Error; Check console” but my model still exports. I go to import that model that I just exported and I get something like two cylinders or something; not what my model is.

So I check the console it reads:

“— Cube.001
— Cube.003
— Cylinder
— Cylinder.001
— Cylinder.002
— Cylinder.003
— Font.001
— Plane
— Plane.001
— Plane.003
— Plane.004
— Plane.005
— Plane.006
— Plane.007
— Plane.008
— Plane.009
— Plane.010
— Plane.011
— Plane.012
— Plane.013
— Sphere
— venture.00.001
— venture.00.00
— venture.00.002
— venture_ca_.00.00
— venture_ca_00.00
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File “<string>”, line 746, in my_callback
File “<string>”, line 698, in save_msh
File “<string>”, line 247, in write_group
ValueError: min<> arg is an empty sequence”

“venture” is the name of my model.

If anyone knows what a possible problem may be, please enlighten me. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any help I may receive.

What’s the format you’re trying to export to?

%<

I downloaded a script, that many people claim to work, for a game. I am trying to export to .msh format.

Don’t think you’re going to get much help here. I don’t know the script. ValueError is telling you that for the listed Strings there is no data, no string, or at least nothing that it can identify as a string. Maybe everything has to be selected before export or maybe everything must be joined into one mesh?

%<

I could try joining it all into one mesh, but I’m not sure how. :smiley:

Select all Objects with Shft-Rightclick (Shft-RMB), Shft-RMB the Object you want them all to be joined to last, then Ctrl-J.

%<

It still gives me the same error, BUT I am still able to export the model. AND when I import that exported model it IS my model. Sooooo, I’m going to try that in the game.

Thans for all your help! :slight_smile: