Exporting Collada files (.dae) for Daz3d usage

Hi, I am looking for a way to export some Blender scenes into Daz3d. The Export Collada (.dae) option works particularly well for this, as all different objects are grouped together. However, I have an issue with the textures. Only the basic textures are exported, while the roughness, normal, metallic, etc. textures are not. As a consequence, whenever I import the .dae file into Daz3d, the renders look very poor, as only the basic textures are loaded. A manual fix in Daz3d is possible, but incredibly time consuming. Is anyone interested/able to create a tool/add-on to improve the standard Collada export? This tools should allow the full export of ALL textures, so that the .dae files are as good as the .blend ones when they are imported. Thanks for considering!!!

Welcome :tada:…

…well… the “problem” with all 3D models are the material setup… because it’s different for every renderer… the association of albedo, roughness, bump, normal, etc. textures sometimes “survives” the interchange format… but the exact settings…
…so you might want to try any other format…

and also this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.