Exporting identical settings from Mixamo - Different imports

Hi!

I am posing some characters inside of Mixamo and exporting them into .fbx 7.4. Using one character with a specific pose I can import her properly. Using that exact same pose, but switching the character model, and exporting with the same settings and then importing it into Blender gives me a T-pose instead.

I am doing the exact same things on both models, exact same pose and export settings, yet still Blender imports them differently.

Any ideas? I just want to have a good and fast workflow between getting nice poses in Mixamo and importing them into my scenes in Blender for concept art.

Anyone have any idea?

I just tried it…I already had a character from my last session so added a standing pose to her…
Then I selected another character and agreed when it asked if I want to use this character…
The standing pose was not changed, just added the new character…

Works fine…

Can you try with the knight/paladin dude? Can you import let’s say “crouch to stand” pose with him? I can do quite a few characters but not that one. It always imports as a t-pose.

Thanks for the help.

OK…I see what was getting things wrong for you…
It includes the T-Pose as an action and the Crouch to Stand as animation…
1 > Open up the armature tab and make sure you are in POSE Mode…
2 > Open up or switch the Timeline to the Dope Sheet, and there switch to Action Editor…
3 > In the center drop-down switch to “Armature|mixamo.com|Layer0”
You won’t have to mess with this again as it drops the animation in as an action…the other action Take001 is just the crouch but you have to switch from Rest Pose to Pose Position…

PS I would recommend thay you download the PACKAGE files, Like the Sword and Shield Pack, as that would give you about 51 animations to pose from…all in one download…

Wonderful! Thank you so much for that. Fixed it.

You mean I won’t have to mess with it again in the same project right? If I open a new one, and import the same model, I’ll have to redo this each time.

Cheers man.

You are welcome!
Right, in the same project you would have + - 50 animations in 1 file, just scrub through the timeline to find a section you like for the pose.

Since all of the Mixamos characters are set to T pose as a rest, then downloading the animation pack as an .fbx without skin would allow you to just import a new character ( or one you already have ) and then just import the animation to the new character…It will work the same way ( if the character you use has a pose or animation already )
Importing as an FBX it will include an armature, just switch to the pack file in the action editor with the main armature selected and it will run off the new one …just hide the pack armature or you can delete it once imported as the ACTION will remain in the action editor to be reused…

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you so much for your kind help.

1 Like