Exterior Swimming Pool

Here is the first attempt at an exterior swimming pool scene that I felt good enough about to get some feedback. Going for as realistic as possible.

Needs better grass for sure. What else would you recommend?

1 Like

Those opacity tree maps in the back are killing you. I guess their temporary?

Water looks good. Can’t tell where the light is coming from.

Keep going. Looks good.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement. Couldn’t tell if you saying you can’t tell where the light is coming from was a critique or just an observation.

I reworked the treeline and added a particle system for some better grass.

Working on some other views as well…

Attachments

1 Like

Been a long time, but I have worked on this render on and off and here is the latest. Still looking for any feedback to make it more realistic.

1 Like

you can try to adding more details.
for example this tiles.they have side profiles from the tiles ,this should make it easy to model them.

https://www.pooltile.com.au/CommercialTiles.htm

1 Like

So fist of all, what kind of Stair or Ramp is this ? I dont see a Ramp or a Stair. Maybe its duo to the Refraction of the Water but it looks wired.

The Floor on the Right side is way to dry. I can see that there is a bit of Water but it really kills the Realism part.

The Waves on the Water are also kind of wrong. Such small waves would indicate that there is some kind of wind. But if there is Wind, all the Waves should go into the same Direction. And if there is no wind, the Water should be flat.

The Water itself is also not clear enough. Look at some Reference and you will see that your Water is just not Clear enough. ’

The Fence is also to clean.

And why is there a Fence between the Pool and the Gras ? I mean shouldnt the visitors be able to chill on the Gras ? I mean there is not even a Gate or something like that.

And you have those “Race Lines” in the Pool. But if there are those Racelines you will also need some kind of small Tower for People to jump from.

The Concrete floor itself is also way to flat. Use a Displacement Modifier

Well thats about it.
Have a nice day !

1 Like