"ExtrAliens". Mix tutorials for an image that “pretty much holds up” (thanks Translation by Web)

“ExtraAliens” (“extraterrestres” in French, for “Aliens”).
Another stereotype? Once again: mix the tutorials to try to make an image that “roughly holds up”.
I went to see the posts of several “Guru”, including Ian Hubert, for his use of a PBR of “building derilic”? (enrich my English vocabulary). It took a while.

I also tried to use Hubert’s techniques by looking at his Blender splash screen: mist, compositing for lens distortion in particular.

Hehe, some cinematographic or PC game references, maybe too discreet. I had in mind, “Soylent green” (some say “anticipation”), “Invasion Los Angeles (They live)”, etc.

I sculpted the little aliens, initially aimlessly. Trying to do something “original” with “alien starfish”, a UFO… The incredulous man, on the left, still comes from Makehuman, which is very practical in these situations. And no hdri here, but an extension of the decor behind the camera, including light sources, to force reflections (ultimately not very visible I think).

Thank you all the same for any criticism or constructive information.

• quote: “There is always a work hidden behind a work”.

Compositing. I would have liked to control everything with Blender (that would be the aim). Unfortunately, I still had to use image software.

Another version, without the superposed noissy rendering.
(Damn… And the forgotten slime… What would fantasy be without slime?..).

Viewport rending.

Viewport rending in x-ray.

2 Likes